From CUNA Mutual Group Public Relations
For more information:
Phil Tschudy 608/665-7188 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Uhlmann 608/665-8940 email@example.com
MADISON, Wis. – CUNA Mutual Group fidelity bond policyholders can learn about risk trends and exposures they need to prepare for next year by participating in the insurer’s popular Credit Union Protection 2012 Webinar Series.
“Topics provide valuable insights and recommend effective tools to reduce losses and help protect against a wide variety of risks,” said Brad Mundine, CUNA Mutual Group senior manager of Credit Union Protection Risk Management. “The one-hour webinars are provided as a no-cost, value-added benefit for policyholders, who can participate without stepping away from their desk.”
Following are webinar dates and bulleted session summaries:
Online Banking Fraud & FFIEC Authentication Guidance, Jan. 11
- How cyber thieves compromise online banking login credentials
- An introduction to risk mitigation strategies including multifactor authentication for high-risk transactions and layered security controls
Cyber Risks & The Data Breach Hot Seat, Feb. 15
- How potential data breaches at your credit union can present significant challenges
- Ways to ensure you’re prepared with action steps involved in managing/responding to an incident
Disaster Preparedness, March 28
- An overview of insuring-to-value
- Tips for testing your disaster preparedness plan
- Quick steps your credit union should take to get on the road to recovery
Plastic Card Fraud, May 9
- Changes that shift liability and fraud related to payment cards and the impact of these changes on credit unions
- Steps your credit union should take to stay aligned with changes
Social Media Risks, June 27
- Social media risks at the credit union, including privacy, policies/procedures, and employee usage
- Potential policies and procedures to put in place regarding usage, monitoring, and response
Directors’ Risk Oversight & Liability, Aug. 15
- The extent and nature of a board’s responsibilities as it relates to risk oversight
- Key items to be considered when adopting a risk oversight approach
Staying In Compliance, Sept. 19
- The risk of not staying in compliance with existing and new regulations
- Focus on practical implementation of several federal regulatory compliance issues and importance of maintaining a comprehensive compliance program
Payment & Deposit Fraud, Oct. 17
- Check deposit fraud-fighting tools and training needed to help protect your assets
- Traditional payment/deposit fraud risks in a changing environment
Robbery & Burglary, Nov. 14
- Tips for identifying robbery suspects
- Methods for discouraging robbery at your credit union
- Ways to enhance and improve your policies and procedures connected to the risk of robbery
In the past 10 years, CUNA Mutual Group has delivered in excess of 120 webinars to more than 25,000 credit union professionals. According to 2011 webinar participant surveys, more than 95 percent of attendees reported they were “Very Likely/Likely” to recommend the series to a colleague, Mundine said.
For starting times and to register for each individual webinar, go to the Credit Union Protection Resource Center, www.cunamutual.com/cuprotectionwebinars. Participants will be asked for a user ID and password. Those without credentials should click on “Register for a User ID” to request access.
CUNA Mutual Group insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. With more than 75 years of true market commitment, CUNA Mutual’s vision is unwavering: To be a trusted business partner who delivers service excellence through customer-focused products and market-driven insight. More information on the company is available on the company’s Web site at www.cunamutual.com.
CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name of CUNA Mutual Insurance Society, its affiliates and subsidiaries, including CUMIS Insurance Society, Inc. Product availability and features may vary by jurisdiction and are subject to actual policy language. Corporate headquarters are located in Madison, Wisconsin.