608-231-4374 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison, Wis. – Joe Guilfoy, Executive Director of the Indiana Credit Union Foundation and Vice President of Consulting & Education at the Indiana Credit Union League in Indianapolis, Ind. has joined the board of directors of the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF).
Guilfoy was elected at NCUF’s board meeting last week in Washington, D.C. and is the new state credit union foundation (SCUF) network representative on the board. The board seat was most recently held by Danielle Brown, former SVP of Operations at the Northwest Credit Union Association in Beaverton, Ore.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to be involved with the National Credit Union Foundation as a board member, and to continuing to enhance the partnership between the NCUF and the SCUF network to deliver programs that assist individuals of all ages to improve their financial literacy and situation,” said Guilfoy. “Credit union foundations are an important way that the ‘people-helping-people’ philosophy of credit unions can be demonstrated to a broader audience of consumers.”
NCUF works very closely with the state credit union foundations to maximize our collective impact,” said Bucky Sebastian, NCUF Executive Director. “We look forward to working with Guilfoy in this new capacity to help more consumers achieve financial freedom.
Aside from Guilfoy, the members of the NCUF board are:
- Gary Oakland, President/CEO of BECU in Seattle, Wash. (Chairman);
- Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla. (Vice Chairman);
- John Radebaugh, President/CEO of the North Carolina Credit Union League in Greensboro, N.C.(Secretary/Treasurer);
- Bill Cheney, President/CEO of the Credit Union National Association in Washington, DC (President);
- Paul Gentile, President/CEO of the New Jersey Credit Union League in Hightstown, N.J.;
- John Gregoire, President of The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Rudy Hanley, President/CEO, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in Santa Ana, Calif.;
- Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Sandy Lingerfelt, President/CEO of Clinchfield FCU in Erwin, Tenn.;
- Allan Kemp McMorris, President/CEO of Oakland County Credit Union in Waterford, Mich.;
- Pete Pritts, President/CEO, First Corporate Credit Union (FirstCorp) in Phoenix, Ariz.;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.; and
- Mark Twisdale, SVP, Human Resources, State Employees’ Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C.
Diverse Structure of the Board
The 13 voting seats on the NCUF Board include representatives of natural person credit unions, national organizations serving credit unions, corporate credit unions, state credit union foundations, state leagues and an at-large position.
*Note to editors: a high resolution version of Guilfoy’s headshot in this release can be downloaded here: http://resource.cuna.org/dl/f0926yA9DeG.jpg