608-231-4374 | email@example.com
Madison, Wis. – The National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) is currently seeking nominations for three board seats. The nominations are for an open credit union executive or director seat, a system affiliate seat, and the at-large seat. Volunteers serve up to three three-year terms on the NCUF Board as long as they are re-nominated by the NCUF Governance & Nominations Committee and re-elected by the NCUF Board.
The qualifications for the three NCUF board seats are as follows:
- Credit union executive or director – Each candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- System affiliate – Each must be and remain a director or executive officer of an organization that is national in scope, that has as its primary purpose support of credit unions or some element of the credit union movement, that has a significant portion of its ownership or membership from the credit union system and that has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of this corporation. For example, CUNA Mutual Group would be considered as a system affiliate.
- At-large – Must be and remain a representative of an organization outside of the credit union system, such as a cooperative, that has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of this corporation. The individual elected to this seat shall be appointed for a one- to three-year term, as determined by the Board of Directors at the time of the representative’s election to the Board, and shall not be eligible to serve on the Executive Committee of the Foundation.
There are currently two incumbents in the system affiliate and at-large seats up for election:
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs of CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis. is completing his first three-year term on the NCUF Board; and
- John Gregoire, President of The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis. is completing his second three-year term on the NCUF Board.
Both Roe and Gregoire have expressed interest in serving another term. The credit union executive or director seat is vacant as Allan Kemp McMorris, President & CEO of Oakland County Credit Union in Waterford, Mich. is fulfilling his last term on the board.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in applying for the NCUF board seats can click “Volunteer for our Board” from the NCUF homepage for the declaration of candidacy document.
Applications must be received by October 28, 2011.
NCUF’s Governance & Nominations Committee will review all candidates and recommend a slate of nominees to the NCUF Board. The NCUF Board will vote on the nominees in December.
Board Meeting Dates
In January, NCUF’s Board will elect its table officers at their organizational meeting.
This will mark the first of three face-to-face meetings planned for 2012:
- Organizational Meeting: January 24 in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Spring/Summer Meeting: May 17 in Raleigh, N.C.
- Fall Board Meeting: September in Washington, D.C.
The 13 voting seats on the NCUF Board include representatives of national person credit unions, national organizations serving credit unions, corporate credit unions, state credit union foundations, state leagues and an at-large position.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation is the US credit union movement’s primary national philanthropic program provider, fundraiser and grant-maker. Through NCUF grants and programs, credit unions provide widespread financial education, create greater access to affordable financial services, and empower more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes.
NCUF is funded primarily by investments in the award-winning Community Investment Fund (CIF) and by generous Supporters led by the Credit Union National Association and CUNA Mutual. All NCUF donors provide support that empowers NCUF and state credit union foundations to make a real impact in the credit union community.
The National Credit Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization and continues to earn the Better Business Bureau seal of approval as an “Accredited Charity” for meeting all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.