Madison, Wis. – Paul Gentile, President/CEO of the New Jersey Credit Union League in Hightstown, N.J. has joined the board of directors of the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF).
The NCUF board includes three representatives with alternating terms from the board of directors of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). Gentile is completing the unexpired term of Paul Mercer, President of the Ohio Credit Union League in Columbus, Ohio. Currently, Gentile’s term will expire December 31, 2011, but it is expected that the CUNA board will make an appointment for a full three year term this fall.
The other two CUNA representatives on the NCUF board include Vice Chairman Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla. and Sandy Lingerfelt, President/CEO of Clinchfield FCU in Erwin, Tenn.
“I am excited to join the board at a very important time for the NCUF,” said Gentile. “We have an excellent opportunity to leverage the good work of the Foundation to continue to show consumers that credit unions are different. We are committed to financial literacy like no other institutions. The Foundation can be the catalyst to elevate our mission of financial literacy to new heights.”
“Gentile brings a wealth of experience and perspective to the NCUF board,” said Bucky Sebastian, NCUF Executive Director. “We look forward to working with him to help credit unions make financial freedom a reality for consumers nationwide.”
Aside from Gentile, the members of the NCUF board are:
- Gary Oakland, President/CEO of BECU in Seattle, Wash. (Chairman);
- John Radebaugh, President/CEO of the North Carolina Credit Union League in Greensboro, N.C.(Treasurer);
- Danielle Brown, SVP, Operations, Northwest Credit Union Association in Beaverton, Ore. (Secretary);
- Bill Cheney, President/CEO of CUNA in Washington, DC (President);
- John Gregoire, President of The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Rudy Hanley, President/CEO, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in Santa Ana, Calif.;
- Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Pete Pritts, President/CEO, First Corporate Credit Union (FirstCorp) in Phoenix, Ariz.;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.; and
- Mark Twisdale, SVP, Human Resources, State Employees’ Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C.
Diverse Structure of the Board
The 13 voting seats on the NCUF Board include representatives of natural person credit unions, national organizations serving credit unions, corporate credit unions, state credit union foundations, state leagues and an at-large position.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation is the US credit union movement’s primary national philanthropic program provider, fundraiser and grant-maker. Through NCUF grants and programs, credit unions provide widespread financial education, create greater access to affordable financial services, and empower more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes.
NCUF is funded primarily by investments in the award-winning Community Investment Fund (CIF) and by generous Supporters led by the Credit Union National Association and CUNA Mutual. All NCUF donors provide support that empowers NCUF and state credit union foundations to make a real impact in the credit union community.
The National Credit Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization and continues to earn the Better Business Bureau seal of approval as an “Accredited Charity” for meeting all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.