Every year those dedicated to the credit union movement gather in Washington D.C. (in the winter mind you, which shows how dedicated we all are), at one of the largest events of the year –CUNA GAC. Whether a seasoned GACer or a fresh face this year, we’ve got 10 must-do’s to help you make the most out of your experience.
10. Find fellow credit union friends and take a night tour of Mount Vernon.
9. Get ready for opening day right by checking out Georgia Brown’s Famous Gospel Sunday Brunch.
8. Buy all the Band-Aid’s you can find in preparation for spending days walking the most expansive exhibit hall ever.
7. Kick off CUNA GAC 2016 with CUNA CEO Jim Nussle (reminder: take my annual selfie with him).
6. Take an educational pub-crawl with the brightest minds in the industry (customary pit stops include: Marriot , Renaissance, and Hyatt lobby bars. Also… there’s always Fado’s).
5. Be inspired by true greatness and at The National Credit Union Foundation’s Herb Wegner Memorial Dinner.
4. Vow to learn how to play the piano after hearing The Fabulous Dueling Pianos at Late Night at the GAC with CO-OP Financial Services.
3. Stop by a one night only display called Thunderpunch where The Cooperative Trust has managed to round up the mysterious millennial’s for you to meet.
2. Keep your credit union running smoothly after a cyber attack with tips from famed journalist, Ted Koppel.
and most importantly…
1. Join the forces for good and go on GAC Hill Visits!