10 Things to do in Washington D.C. at #CUNAGAC 2017
Every year those dedicated to the credit union movement gather in Washington D.C. (in the winter mind you, which shows how dedicated we all are), at one of the largest events of the year –CUNA GAC. Whether a seasoned GACer or a fresh face this year, we’ve got 10 must-do’s to help you make the most out of your experience.
10. Find fellow credit union friends at the Marriott Marquis and head to the Washington National Cathedral for dessert, drinks and a private concert while enjoying the amazing architecture.
9. Before the conference gets into full swing enjoy brunch at the National Zoo (is there really anything better than amazing food and cute panda bears?!)
8. Now that you’ve enjoyed a leisurely brunch and had a full night’s sleep, put on your best walking shoes and get ready to spend days walking the most expansive exhibit hall ever.
7. Kick off CUNA GAC 2017 with CUNA CEO Jim Nussle (reminder: take my annual selfie with him).
6. The learning doesn’t stop when sessions are over, step into any of the customary “hot spots” to for some conversation with the best and brightest. ( Marriot , Renaissance, and Hyatt lobby bars. Also… there’s always Fado’s).
5. Be inspired by true greatness and at The National Credit Union Foundation’s Herb Wegner Memorial Dinner.
4. The conference is coming to a close, but don’t miss Late Night at the GAC with the incredible Spencer Duo Dueling Pianos hosted by CO-OP Financial Services.
3. No GAC experience is complete without stopping by Thunderpunch where the next generation of credit union leaders have been rounded up by The Cooperative Trust.
2. Whatever you do, don’t miss General Colin Powell, USA speak! With an accomplishment list a mile long you’re sure to walk away with some amazing business and personal advice.
and most importantly…
1. Join the forces for good and go on GAC Hill Visits!