With the COVID-19 pandemic keeping us all cooped up in our homes, it can get rough at times. You just want to get out and live your life like normal. Unfortunately, for right now, this is the new normal. The good news is, the social distancing will hopefully keep more people safe and shorten the life of this virus on a global scale. So for right now, you’re stuck at home. If you’re suffering from a little bit of cabin fever(we all are to some extent), here are five ways you can keep (or try to regain) your sanity…
- Take a hike: You can’t go to the mall or hang out with your friends, but it doesn’t mean you can’t get out and stretch your legs. Just make sure if you’re going on a hike or walk around your neighborhood that you keep your distance from friends and neighbors so you can keep each other safe and healthy.
- Work on your yard: Yardwork isn’t always fun, but the weather is starting to get a little warmer and it’s not a bad idea to get outside and get some fresh air. Plus, making improvements to your yard will have it ready for entertaining when it comes time to be social again. Plus, you’ll be able to stand on your front porch in your bathrobe with your coffee and admire your yard.
- Watch that show: We’ve all got that one show that we’ve been talking about watching for months, or years, even. Well you know what? The time is now. Just make sure you don’t binge the whole thing in a week. You might love it and then you’re going to be sad when there are no more new episodes to watch.
- FaceTime everyone: Okay so not everyone is FaceTime-able. That’s a new term I just invented. But for the people you can video chat with, it’ll be good for you and them to see a familiar face. If you’re in a more depressed state than usual, seeing and speaking with someone you care about is bound to lift your spirits.
- Read a book: I don’t always make time for reading, but when you don’t have a lot of things to do to fill your free time right now, it’s probably the perfect opportunity to pick up that story you’ve been wanting to explore and escape into another world. Don’t you remember how you feel when a book starts to really pull you in? It’s time to recapture that magic.
Whatever you do to try and regain your sanity, just remember to stay safe out there, my friends. If you’ve got any other ideas for ditching the cabin fever, let us know down in the comments section.