Now that it’s getting hotter outside, the approaching summer season is beginning to feel more real. It’s time to make plans and figure out your summer getaway destination. Have you considered Boston?
This summer, from July 9-13 at the Hynes Convention Center, the National Association of Federal Credit Unions is holding its 46th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo. If you’re still on the fence about attending, we’ve come up with five alliterative reasons for you to join us:
- Fiore – as in Ristorante Fiore, the award-winning Italian restaurant in Boston’s North End, where you’ll stop for lunch on the Walking Culinary Tour offered through our Spouse/Guest Program. The pizza and bruschetta Fiore features are only a slice of what the North End offers: the Italian neighborhood has bakeries, candy stores, and vast selections of olive oil, cheese, meats and breads. A local guide will show you the best of the best as you sample your way through the tour. (My dietician will not let me go!)
- Faneuil Hall – the final stop of the 360 Boston Tour, where, after a bird’s eye view from the Skywalk Observatory and a walk through charming the Beacon Hill, Back Bay, North End, Charlestown and Fenway neighborhoods, you’ll enjoy lunch at Cheers – yes, that Cheers – the authentic replica set at Faneuil Hall, complete with stage set lighting, a catwalk and souvenirs from the show. Sam’s satin Red Sox jacket, Cliff’s mail carrier uniform, and more are waiting for you to check out at the bar.
- Fine art – everyone knows Boston has a lot of culture to offer, so we invite you enjoy a tour of the Institute of Contemporary Art, with its cutting-edge collection of modern and contemporary exhibits. Later, visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and experience a different atmosphere: the museum features the enormous collection of art and artifacts Gardner collected during her extensive travels around the turn of the century, which include works by Botticelli, Reubens, Raphael and Rembrandt.
- Fore! On Tuesday, July 9, come out for the NAFCU & Friends 11th Annual Golf Tournament at the Sandy Burr Country Club, which will benefit NAFCU’s Political Administrative Fund. Spend the morning hitting the links and networking at the club’s bent grass course with rolling hills and beautiful vistas. The course was designed by famous golf course architect Donald Ross and is 6,550 yards long – worth a visit!
- Farewell to Fred – this summer marks our President and CEO Fred Becker’s last speech. Fred has been our leader for 13 and ½ years, and we want to make sure his farewell on Friday, June 12 is something special. The celebration will feature a culinary tasting tour of Boston, music and mingling.
Don’t miss your chance to say goodbye – and come take advantage of inspiring speakers, exclusive forums on the issues that matter most to your credit union, and the best of Boston sightseeing!