5 proven steps to success through development:
“The thing that makes you spectacular is what you’re reaching for.”
- Evaluate on a scale of one to ten, not ‘yes or no’. Don’t ask, “Are you good at energizing teams?’ Ask, “On a scale of one to ten, how good are you at energizing teams?”
- Reach for better, not perfect. If you are a “7” when it comes to energizing teams, how might you become an “8”. (Hint: Trying harder usually isn’t the answer.)
- Adopt a “one new behavior” approach. What one new behavior will you try this week/month?
- Include an accountability partner. Two go further than one.
- Reflect, adapt, start again.
The “who” of development:
“The answer to many leadership opportunities isn’t what or how, it’s who.”
- Connect with leaders who love learning. Smug contentment is slow death when it comes to growth. One challenge of growth is the acknowledgement that there’s room for improvement.