I’ve spent a lot of time in this blog discussing the importance of emotional intelligence, or EQ, and how critical it is for developing competencies such as self-awareness, empathy and relationship building.
Marcel Schwantes, principal and founder of Leadership From the Core, lists nine questions in a recent article to help leaders evaluate their level of emotional intelligence. I found the list extremely helpful and wanted to share a few of my favorite questions with you. They include:
continue reading »
– Are you usually aware of your feelings and why you feel that way?
– Are you aware of your limitations, as well as your personal strengths, as a leader?
– Can you adapt smoothly to changing realities?
– Can you usually sense the feelings of the people you interact with and understand their way of seeing things?
– Do you have a knack for persuasion and using your influence effectively?