CUES has long been committed to having experts with highly diverse perspectives be part of our professional development offerings for two big reasons: 1) being exposed to a diversity of thinking promotes learning and 2) research clearly shows that diversity leads to improved organizational performance.
Over the years, CUES has brought in speakers from industries other than our own to present at our events. We’ve interviewed people with opposing viewpoints for articles in our magazine. We’ve even included experts whose views ran in opposition to our own views and those of our members.
Today CUES is striving to do even better. Many people in the industry have wanted CUES to engage even more diverse experts in helping the industry’s current and future leaders learn—and we are delivering on that.
For example, check out Advancing Women, our quarterly, online-only publication dedicated to the development of female leaders, women who aspire to leadership and those who support them. The issue that just published in August includes a video about how women can overcome obstacles to financial freedom, information about environments in which women learn best and tips for how to look within yourself for leadership qualities.
CUES has also launched “Diversity Insight,” a monthly column covering diversity, equity and inclusion that has already covered the journey of a Tennessee credit union’s first-ever VP/diversity & inclusion, why CUs are perfectly poised to do well with diversity and inclusion, and a Washington CU’s involvement in supporting its local LGBTQ+ community.
We’re also really pleased with the exceptional diversity in our speaker lineup for our CEO/Executive Team Network, coming up Nov. 4-6 in Amelia Island, Florida:
- Walter Bond, former NBA player and CEO, Walter Bond Worldwide, presenting Team Chemistry Trumps Individual Talent: How Exceptional Leaders Deliver Unprecedented Wins
- Francesca Gino, Tandon family professor of business administration, Harvard Business School, covering The Future of Work
- Stephen M. R. Covey, co-founder, CoveyLink and the FranklinCovey Speed of Trust Practice, presenting The Speed of Trust
- Ancin Cooley, CIA, CISA, principal, Synergy Credit Union Consulting, on What Would You Do? Situational Strategies for Senior Management
- John Odom, Ph.D., president, Odom & Associates, presenting Workforce Diversity is a Strategic Advantage
CUES is always on the lookout for bright minds to include in our professional development offerings. If you know of someone who would bring a fresh perspective to our industry’s learning, please let me know.