On Mother’s Day (and every day) we give thanks to all women for the significant role they play in our lives. This time of year, we tend to reflect on the positives our moms have brought to life for us—like unconditional love, heartfelt support and selfless guidance. Today, many women are also a powerful influence in their families’ finances. In fact, women in the United States:
- Control 51 percent ($14 trillion) of personal wealth.
- Drive 70-80 percent of all consumer purchasing.
- Act as the “CFO” in the majority (51 percent) of households.
- Live longer.
- Earn and save less.
- Are more likely to take career breaks to raise a family.
- Invest more conservatively.