In a 2017 survey, 74% of respondents admitted they’ve gone into debt to pay for a vacation. Particularly for families with children or pets (or both), these costs and debts can add up quickly and create as much stress as the vacation is intended to ease. If you’re planning a trip and are as determined to get out of town as you are to avoid vacation debt, Kayak Explore might be a good option to check out.
Here’s how it works:
- Click the More tab on the Kayak website and then select Explore.
- Choose your home airport and select dates. You can be as specific (“5/25-5/31”) or as general (“June”) as you want. You can also choose a trip duration in conjunction with general dates (“nine days” and “June”).
- Customize your options for flight duration and whether you prefer nonstop routes.
- Choose your budget.
- If you have some specific activities you’d like to check out, but aren’t sure where you can afford to find them, Kayak provides curated lists that will help you find a destination that matches your budget and activity goals.
- The map will automatically update with your options as you go!
If you save the money for your trip before you book the flight, Kayak Explore can be a fun way to travel within your budget while visiting places you might not have otherwise considered. Solvency and adventure are a win-win!