CEO at Freedom Community Credit Union
After 45 years leading Freedom Community Credit Union, Mary Hagen has announced her retirement. Therefore, Freedom CCU in Fargo, North Dakota has an immediate opening for a Chief Executive Officer/Manager.
Freedom CCU serves approximately 2,400 members from two locations: Main Office at 2940 University Drive N; and a Branch Office at 4505 47th Ave S. The credit union was chartered in 1954 and has assets of $31 million.
The CEO will plan, direct, and control all credit union activities in accordance with credit union plans, policies, directives, and activities as established by the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for ensuring financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, the employees, and the credit union, while providing strategic direction, vision, and management in all functional areas.
- Direct all credit union operations, which include planning and implementing programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provide strategic and/or administrative direction and management in all credit union functions, to include, but not limited to: accounting, ALM, business development, compliance, facility management, finance, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, operations, retail services, online services, risk management, and security.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the credit union and establish office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services, to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the credit union.
- Develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Investigate workflow of the credit union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve and reduce cost.
- Ensure that the credit union follows the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Recruit and select quality applicants for staff vacancies, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with solid employees.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Evaluate the job performance of credit union staff to ensure quality service to members.
- Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis to ensure the dissemination of information exchange of ideas, resolution of problems, discussion of trends, and that information is communicated throughout the credit union.
- Organize and provide current information to the Board for monthly meetings, in addition to attending and participating.
- Ensure adequate equipment, supplies, and working space is available.
- Conduct business development activities to promote the growth and development of the credit union. Build positive relationships with the field of membership, and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
- Provide direction to the Board on compensation philosophy.
- Manage security and safety for the credit union, analyze security and safety policies and procedures, and alert staff of any changes in a timely manner.
- Accomplish all other duties as required.
- Education may vary; however, preferred applicant will have four-year college degree and/or advanced training in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field.
- Five years of senior leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives, and a true passion for member service standards.
- Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have above average oral and written communications skills.
- General PC knowledge to include MS Word, Excel and the Internet is required.
- Must be trustworthy and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under stress and pressure.
To submit your confidential application, please email a letter of application, resume and references to Robbi Foss, Board Chairman at email@example.com.