1st Advantage Federal Credit Union gives back to the local community
YORKTOWN, VA (October 16, 2015) — 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union held its 8th Annual 1st A.I.D.E. (Assistance, Inspiration, Dedication, and Experience) Day on October 12, 2015. While most financial institutions were closed for the Columbus Day holiday, 1st Advantage colleagues were hard at work assisting local non-profit organizations.
- Raised $4,066 for The Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula to provide 16,264 meals to help fight hunger in our local community
- Made 217 surgery bears for Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters patients
- Collected and wrapped over 700 children’s gifts for Operation Homefront.
- Made 50 blanket wraps for New Beech Grove Homeless Ministry
- Assembled 475 fundraiser cups for the General Stafford Elementary PTA
- Assembled 120 informational packets for The Center for Sexual Assault Survivors
- Created over 600 items to benefit the residents at the Natasha House
“1st Advantage has a long tradition of building stronger communities and we are thrilled to partner with these seven deserving organizations who offer incredible support in our local community,” said Paul Muse, president and CEO.
About 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union
1st Advantage, a not-for-profit financial institution, is headquartered in Yorktown, Virginia. Established in 1951 as Ft. Eustis Federal Credit Union, 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union with assets of over $950 million serves over 70,000 members and operates 14 branches in Southeastern Virginia and parts of North Carolina. For more information, please visit 1stAdvantage.org.