America First Credit Union announces organizational changes
AFCU appoints 15 people into senior to executive-level management positions
OGDEN, UT (May 15, 2019) — During a period of consistent growth and success, America First Credit Union has recently made organizational changes including the promotion of 15 people into senior and executive-level management positions.
The appointments include Tammy Gallegos to Chief Strategic Engagement Officer and Thayne Shaffer to Chief Information & Risk Officer among many others.
“It’s great to see so many hard-working people at AFCU recognized,” said Gallegos. “America First Credit Union is a fabulous company to be a part of—I get to make a difference in people and families’ lives every single day.”
Many of the newly-promoted Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents and Executive Level Management have been with the company for more than 20 to 30 years. Diana Nellis, VP of Training, has been with the credit union since 1987 when she was hired as a Teller at the Ogden Main Branch.
“We appreciate everything these individuals do and the role they play in helping our members improve their financial well-being and to achieve their dreams,” said president and CEO John Lund. “Individually and collectively they all make a difference, and we are fortunate to have a real purpose in what we do.”
The following individuals were promoted into new positions within AFCU:
- Tammy Gallegos, Chief Strategic Engagement Officer
- Thayne Shaffer, Chief Information & Risk Officer
- Robert Bodily, Senior Vice President Technology Development
- Kris Distefano, Senior Vice President Sales & Service
- Scott Ellis, Senior Vice President Information Systems
- Randy Hunter, Senior Vice President Information Technology
- Missy Key, Senior Vice President Controller
- Blake Weathers, Senior Vice President Business Services
- Troy Stevenson, Senior Vice President Product/Business Intelligence
- Richard White, Senior Vice President Internal Audit
- Nicole Cypers, VP Public Relations
- Mandee Davis, VP Arizona/Idaho
- Kimberli Green, VP Business Development
- Brice Mindrum, VP Digital
- Diana Nellis, VP Training
America First Credit Union