10 college-bound seniors awarded Vince Jacknewitz college scholarships
ST. LOUIS, MO (May 15, 2019) — Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union (ABECU), along with its community divisions, American Eagle Credit Union (AECU) and Purina Credit Union (PCU), have announced the 2019 recipients of the Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship Program.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the academic achievements of our scholarship recipients and support them as they pursue their college and career aspirations,” said Pier Alsup, Chief Community Engagement & Social Responsibility Officer.
The following ten recipients will each receive a $1,500 college scholarship for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year:
· Alix Adams, Fox High School, St. Louis Community College
· Lindsey Bonk, Edwardsville Senior High School, University of South Carolina
· Hannah Cope, Waterloo High School, William Jewell College
· Grace Hagood, Mehlville High School, University of Central Missouri
· Katherine Kraus, Ursuline Academy, University of Dayton
· Alexandra Lanzafame, Notre Dame High School, Southwest Baptist University
· Lidia Marusic, Visitation Academy, Miami University
· Ava Neels, Nerinx Hall High School, University of Missouri
· Maple Wang, Parkway South High School, University of California – Berkeley
· Autumn Winslett, Hillsboro High School, Truman State University
Since 1994, the credit union has awarded 145 scholarships to college-bound seniors. The scholarship program was renamed in 2001 in honor of the late Vince Jacknewitz, who served on Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union’s Board of Directors from 1984-2001, and as Board Chair from 1995-1996. To date, more than $185,000 in scholarship dollars have been awarded.
Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship recipients are members of the credit unions’ Young Adult Financial Group, a criteria for eligibility, and were selected by a committee of judges. Applicants were asked to submit an application packet, which included an official record of academic achievements, letters of recommendation, a list of scholastic and community activities, and a written or video essay.
For more information regarding the Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship Program, please contact Sheila Sova, Community Engagement Associate, by calling (314) 657-9302. For more information regarding this release, please contact Julie Linder, Public Relations & Events Strategist, by calling (314) 657-9311.
About Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union
For the past 80 years, Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union (ABECU) has served as a trusted financial partner by empowering members to achieve their goals. As a member-owned, community-focused, not-for-profit financial institution, ABECU offers a full-service list of financial products and convenience services, and ranked as a “Top 150” credit union in the U.S. With more than $1.75 billion in total assets, ABECU and its divisions, American Eagle Credit Union (AECU) and Purina Credit Union (PCU), are federally insured by the National Credit Union Association, and serve over more than 131,000 members through 30 branches nationwide and 24/7 member resources and amenities. For additional information, visit www.abecu.org