Clark County Credit Union – Making a positive impact in 2020
LAS VEGAS, NV (December 29, 2020) — Despite the difficulties 2020 has brought the Las Vegas community, Clark County Credit Union(CCCU) continues to support its members and the local nonprofits through financial assistance, philanthropy and volunteerism.
“CCCU provided its members with several financial relief opportunities this year including waiving fees for auto loan payment skips and increasing the limit from two skips a year to five,” said Josh Haldeman, Chief Lending Officer at CCCU. “We felt it was important to help our members when possible – a skipped auto payment may have been the difference between having food on the table or paying for medicine that month. Between March and November 2020, CCCU approved 2,852 skips, or more than $4.2 million in payments.”
CCCU also waived nearly $100,000 in fees associated with skipping payments and $93,000 in NSF fee reversals.
In addition to assisting its members, Credit Union employees donated their time and money to good causes in the community through the CCCU Cares Committee, a group that organizes opportunities for employees to give back with company-paid volunteer time off.
Volunteer and donation participation from CCCU’s nearly 200 employees and some of its members are as follows:
- 33 employee participants for the annual Runnin’ for the House 5k to support RHMC
- 37 employee participants for the annual Superhero 5k to support Candlelighters
- 11 employee participants at the Annual Day of Caring project for Get Outdoors Nevada
- 3 employees participated in the Serving Those Who Serve Veterans event
- 34 classes read to during Nevada Reading week by CCCU employees
CCCU Employee and Member Donations
- 100+ boxed cereal donated by employees to Project 150’s homeless youth
- 6,684 school supplies to Keller E.S. & Antonello E.S. for in-need students from member and employee donations
- More than 155 pajamas to children and families of Olive Crest from employees
- $1,161.25 raised for Candlelighters’s annual Superhero 5k
Additionally, the Credit Union made charity donations as well as provided monetary donations including:
- $10,000 to Project 150 for additional food distribution to homeless teens and their families
- 50 hygiene kits to homeless veterans through the Nevin Lawson Foundation
- $37,500 in grant money to Lutheran Social Services
- $9,000 Happy Bonus Days total distributions: Candlelighters of SNV, HELP of Southern Nevada, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Three Square, and Down Syndrome Organization of Nevada
- $5,000 Smart Start Scholarships (5 local students received a $1,000 higher education scholarship)
- $10,000 to the RMHC event- Home: Where Our Story Begins
Clark County Credit Union lives by its motto of “People Helping People” and is persistent in fulfilling its commitment to credit union members and the nonprofit community. For more information on Clark County Credit Union and its financial assistance and philanthropic efforts, please visit ccculv.org or call 702-228-2228.
About Clark County Credit Union
Founded in 1951, CCCU is a not-for-profit financial institution serving over 47,000 members who are municipal employees (Clark County, City of Henderson, City of Las Vegas and City of North Las Vegas), medical professionals, members of Nevada Public Radio (KNPR) and numerous select employer groups. CCCU has assets of $1 billion and six branches throughout Southern Nevada. More information about CCCU can be found online at www.ccculv.org