Coopera, CUNA Celebrate Four Years of Success Together
DES MOINES, IA (July 10, 2013) — Four years ago, Coopera and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) formed a strategic growth alliance to help credit unions expand their Hispanic market outreach efforts. Since the alliance formed in 2009, both organizations have leveraged each other’s strengths — Coopera’s Hispanic market expertise and CUNA’s extensive resources — to help America’s credit unions grow membership opportunities by reaching and serving Hispanics.
“We are so pleased to have been working alongside such a well-respected, reputable organization like CUNA for the last four years. By working together, Coopera and CUNA have truly been able to positively influence the growth and direction of the credit union industry,” said Miriam De Dios, CEO, Coopera. “As a testament to this, our organizations have been able to reach more than 200 credit unions with our collective resources, and in turn, those credit unions have been able to serve thousands of Hispanic members with our help. These results prove how instrumental this alliance has been to those credit unions we have served to date.”
Through this strategic alliance, Coopera and CUNA have launched many specialized resources and programs to help credit unions with their Hispanic growth efforts, including:
- El Poder es Tuyo, a member-facing, Spanish-language website designed to improve financial literacy
- On-demand training courses
- Spanish seminar-in-a-box kits
- Free educational webinars
- Hispanic online resource portal
- Social media efforts, including a special discussion group on LinkedIn
In celebration of four years working together, Coopera and CUNA have focused their successful partnership on implementing several initiatives this year, including:
- Conducting a pre-conference workshop in partnership with the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (NFCDCU) for the 2013 America’s Credit Union Conference (ACUC);
- Celebrating Coopera Founder Warren Morrow as this year’s Credit Union Hero through Credit Union Magazine at ACUC;
- Planning an emerging markets-focused educational track, in partnership with the NFCDCU, for the Community Credit Union and Growth Conference;
- Launching the Warren Morrow Hispanic Growth Fund through the National Credit Union Foundation to provide grants for credit unions to serve the Hispanic community
- Developing a new product line of culturally relevant promotional items credit unions can use as community giveaways for Hispanic-member outreach.
Also according to Mark Condon, CUNA senior vice president, Coopera and CUNA continue to plan new collaborative projects for the future. “As the credit union industry evolves, our partnership with Coopera will continue to play a critical role in helping credit unions thrive,” said Condon. “Our efforts will continue to focus on co-developing and launching new resources for credit union leadership and staff, as well as building awareness of opportunities with the Hispanic market through participation in industry conferences. We will also continue to work together to provide the information and resources credit unions need to keep up with important industry changes, like impending immigration reform, remittance regulations and more. We look forward to doing more together and realizing how our alliance can further impact the industry in the future.”
With its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, Credit Union National Association (CUNA) serves 90 percent of America’s 7,400 state and federally chartered credit unions, which are owned by 95 million consumer members. Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives providing affordable financial services to people from all walks of life. For more information about CUNA, visit www.cuna.org or the CUNAverse blog and follow @CUNAverse on Twitter. For more information about credit unions, visit www.aSmarterChoice.org and follow @asmarterchoice on Twitter.
Coopera (ko-pair-a) is a full-service Hispanic market solutions company with specific focus on credit unions nationwide. Coopera’s dedicated bicultural and bilingual personnel work closely with clients to assess their needs and create growth strategies designed to increase Hispanic membership, revenue growth and loan volume. Coopera specializes in developing long-term partnerships with clients as they transition from the early stages of discovery to a best practice credit union. Founded by the late Hispanic community activist Warren Morrow, Coopera is owned by Affiliates Management Company, the holding company of the Iowa Credit Union League and is an exclusive strategic growth partner of the Credit Union National Association. For more information, visit www.CooperaConsulting.com.