Educational Systems Federal Credit Union presents $11,000 in Professional Development Awards to local educators
GREENBELT, MD (June 9, 2016) — Educational Systems Federal Credit Union presented 11 Maurice Erly Professional Development Awards to help members of the education community continue their education.
Each award recipient received $1,000 to use towards workshop registration, certification fees, travel and tuition.
Congratulations to the 2016 Maurice Erly Professional Development Award Winners:
Educators from Public Schools
- Anne Arundel County: Angela Lawrence Ulrich, Hilltop Elementary School
- Calvert County: Rachel Dean, Patuxent High School
- Charles County: Erica Hughes, Mary H. Matula Elementary School
- Frederick County: Leslie Williamson, West Frederick Middle School
- Montgomery County: Nicole Brown, Springbrook High School
- Prince George’s County: Karen Dresser, Baden Elementary School
- St. Mary’s County: Jessica Sanders, Leonardtown High School
- Talbot County: Carol Reed, St. Michaels Middle High School
Educators from Community Colleges
- College of Southern Maryland: Laurie Cangelosi
- Montgomery College: Terre A. Thomas
- Prince George’s Community College: Audrey C. Davis
“For us, it’s an honor to support education,” said Chris Conway, President/CEO of Educational Systems FCU. “We are proud to provide professional development awards to educators who have made a difference and who aspire to further their own development.”
The Professional Development Award was established in 2014 to honor Maurice Erly, who served on the Credit Union’s Board of Directors for 44 years. Mr. Erly was passionate about education and professional development. He spent 25 of his 38-year career as the Coordinating Supervisor of Staff Development for the Prince George’s County Board of Education.
About Educational Systems Federal Credit Union
Educational Systems FCU has proudly served the education community for over 65 years. With over $1.2 billion in assets and 13 branches, the Credit Union serves 85,000 members in eight school systems and three community colleges throughout Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Charles, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Talbot counties. For more information, visit esfcu.org.