Foundation announces 2016 Wegner Award Winners
Three individuals & one program to receive CU’s highest honors
The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Herb Wegner Memorial Awards. CU 4 Reality will be recognized for Outstanding Program and garnering Outstanding Individual Achievement awards are William J. Bynum, C. Alan Peppers, and Daniel F. Egan.
The Herb Wegner Memorial Awards will be presented at a special dinner hosted by the Foundation at the Marriott Marquis on February 22, 2016, in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C. Registration for dinner sponsorships and tickets will be available on the Foundation website (ncuf.coop) within the next month.
- The awards ceremony celebrates the highest national honors in the credit union movement. Detailed profiles will be released in the next two weeks of the following 2016 Wegner Award honorees:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement: Daniel F. Egan, retired President and CEO of the Massachusetts Credit Union League, New Hampshire Credit Union League, and the Credit Union Association of Rhode Island (now known as the Cooperative Credit Union Association);
- Outstanding Individual Achievement: C. Alan Peppers, former President and CEO of Westerra Credit Union;
- Outstanding Individual Achievement: William J. Bynum, Chief Executive Officer of Hope Credit Union; and
- Outstanding Program: CU 4 Reality from America’s Credit Union Museum.