Helix enhances cardholder experience and increases fraud protection with new cooperative authorization solution
New authorization solution enables clients to personalize their cardholder experiences and improve profitability for qualified debit card programs
AUSTIN, TX (November 28, 2023) — Helix by Q2 (NYSE: QTWO), an award-winning, cloud-native core purpose-built for embedded finance, today announced the launch of its new cooperative authorization solution for Helix by Q2 customers. The in-authorization solution, also known as “In Auth,” enables Helix customers to personalize their cardholder experience and improve program profitability through better detection and prevention of debit card fraud.
The In Auth solution allows Helix customers to participate in the card transaction-decisioning process and apply their unique knowledge and context about their users to either prevent unauthorized card transactions or to personalize the cardholder experience on a per-transaction basis. In Auth is built into Helix’s proprietary technology stack and, when combined with the other layers of risk management Helix offers at the card and portfolio level, gives clients a superior level of control over the cardholder experience.
“Companies who offer embedded banking have unique context that allows them to better understand their customers’ behavior,” said Ahon Sarkar, general manager of Helix by Q2. “With the launch of In Auth, they can now leverage this context as a differentiator to drive more nuanced cardholder experiences, prevent card fraud without hurting their best customers, and extend payment capabilities beyond the primary funding account, regardless of which vertical they operate in.”
“Our goal is to provide the best online checking and savings experience to our members and that includes protecting them against fraud,” said David Pollock, VP, Partnerships & Banking Product Services of Credit Karma Money*. “This new feature will make it easier for us to leverage information we already have on our members to detect and mitigate fraud in real time, and reduce unnecessary declines.”
Some of the top benefits of In Auth are:
- Enhanced Fraud Detection and Prevention: Clients can use their unique insights about their customers and their behavior to help detect and prevent unauthorized debit fraud and improve program profitability.
- Cardholder Personalization: Clients can use their unique customer insights to prevent unnecessary debit card transaction declines on their most-valued and lowest-risk customers.
- Real-time access to transaction authorization flow: Clients will receive real-time transactions that are eligible for a decision, so clients can decide if they’d like to decline based on risk, approve to personalize a cardholder’s experience, or abstain altogether.
- Parallel Processing: Regardless of how clients decide to participate in a particular transaction, Helix, as their core system, will be ready with a transaction decision. That way, cardholders and any Helix debit card transaction processing functions aren’t impacted if there’s a delay in returning a response.
- PCI Compliance: Clients can participate in debit card transaction processing without needing to be PCI (payment card industry) compliant.
In Auth is an extended capability of the Helix platform and Helix’s card transaction processing capabilities. Helix’s modern API obscures PCI sensitive data, while exposing data in a format anyone can understand and use in a decision framework.
*Credit Karma Money accounts are provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply per account.
About Helix by Q2
Helix’s award-winning Banking-as-a-Service platform gives innovative fintechs and brands the building blocks of banking — accounts, cards, payments, data and controls, admin tools, and monetization solutions — to make it easy to embed personalized financial experiences that easily integrate and scale. For more information on Helix, visit helix.Q2.com, LinkedIn
About Q2 Holdings, Inc.
Q2 is a leading provider of digital banking and lending solutions to banks, credit unions, alternative finance companies, and fintechs in the U.S. and internationally. Q2’s comprehensive solution set allows its customers to better onboard, grow and serve their consumer, small business and corporate clients. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Q2 has offices throughout the world and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the stock symbol QTWO. To learn more, please visit Q2.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and to stay up to date.