Iowa Credit Union Foundation announces new board members
DES MOINES, IA (December 8, 2017) — The Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) and its Board of Directors voted to welcome new members to its board at its annual meeting in December.
Joining the ICUF Board in 2018 are Julie Willse, Client Business Executive at CO-OP Financial Services; Mary Bontrager, Executive Vice President of Regional Talent Development at Greater Des Moines Partnership; and Rebecca Neades, Vice President Community Development and Governmental Affairs at University of Iowa Community Credit Union. Angela Drury, Vice President at 1st Gateway Credit Union was re-elected to the board.
ICUF and its Board of Directors are dedicated to the organizational mission to empower people and communities to achieve financial well-being by championing the credit union philosophy of people helping people. ICUF’s Board of Directors is made up of representatives from the Iowa credit union industry as well as individuals from like-minded organizations throughout the state.
“On behalf of the Iowa Credit Union Foundation, I would like to congratulate our three newest board members and welcome them to the team,” said Jason Norton, ICUF Board Chair. “Each brings a wealth of unique knowledge and diverse experience that will assist the ICUF Board in fulfilling its mission. We sincerely appreciate their willingness to take a leadership role with ICUF and we look forward to working with them in the future.”
The 2018 ICUF Board of Directors are:
- Board Chair Jason Norton, DuTrac Community Credit Union
- Vice Chair Danielle Gratton, Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Secretary Ann McMillian, IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
- Treasurer Keith Mesch, Veridian Credit Union
- Jim Anderson, Des Moines Metro Credit Union
- Mary Bontrager, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Adam Carroll, National Financial Educators (Adamspeaks.com)
- Angela Drury, 1st Gateway Credit Union
- Marian Holmes, Community 1st Credit Union
- Rebecca Neades, University of Iowa Community Credit Union
- Paula O’Rourke, Linn Area Credit Union
- Dale Owen, Ascentra Credit Union
- Julie Willse, CO-OP Financial Services
About Iowa Credit Union League
The Iowa Credit Union League is the trade association that represents the interests of Iowa credit unions and their more than 1.3 million members. Credit unions are not-for-profit, financial cooperatives owned and operated by their members. Iowans use their credit union membership to receive higher interest rates on savings and lower interest rates on loans. For more information on ICUL, visit http://www.iowacreditunions.com. Follow ICUL on Twitter at www.twitter.com/icul or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/iowacreditunions.