LPS “First Look” Mortgage Report: February Month-End Data Shows Decline in Delinquencies and Foreclosures
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Mar. 21, 2012 – Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE: LPS), a leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics to the mortgage and real estate industries, reports the following “first look” at February 2012 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database of nearly 40 million mortgage loans.
- Total U.S. loan delinquency rate (loans 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure): 7.57%
- Month-over-month change in delinquency rate: -5.0%
- Year-over-year change in delinquency rate: -14.0%
- Total U.S foreclosure pre-sale inventory rate: 4.13%
- Month-over-month change in foreclosure presale inventory rate: -0.5%
- Year-over-year change in foreclosure presale inventory rate: -0.3%
- Number of properties that are 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure: (A) 3,781,000
- Number of properties that are 90 or more days delinquent, but not in foreclosure: 1,722,000
- Number of properties in foreclosure pre-sale inventory: (B) 2,065,000
- Number of properties that are 30 or more days delinquent or in foreclosure: (A+B) 5,846,000
States with highest percentage of non-current* loans: FL, MS, NV, NJ, IL
States with the lowest percentage of non-current* loans: MT, AK, WY, SD, ND
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
Totals are extrapolated based on LPS Applied Analytics’ loan-level database of mortgage assets
All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by in-depth charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available on LPS’ website, http://www.lpsvcs.com/NEWSROOM/INDUSTRYDATA/Pages/default.aspx, on Mar. 27, 2012.
For more information about gaining access to LPS’ loan-level database, please send an e-mail to LPSAAsales@lpsvcs.com.
About Lender Processing Services
Lender Processing Services, Inc. (LPS) is a leading provider of integrated technology, services and mortgage performance data and analytics to the mortgage and real estate industries. LPS offers solutions that span the mortgage continuum, including lead generation, origination, servicing, workflow automation, portfolio retention and default, augmented by the company’s award-winning customer support and professional services. Approximately 50 percent of all U.S. mortgages by dollar volume are serviced using LPS’ loan servicing platform, MSP. LPS also offers proprietary mortgage and real estate data and analytics for the mortgage and capital markets industries. For more information about LPS, visit www.lpsvcs.com.