Maine Savings announces 2016 scholarship awards
BANGOR, ME (July 25, 2016) — Continuing its tradition of support for local students, Maine Savings proudly awarded $4,500 in scholarships to nine college-bound Maine seniors.
“We are proud of the outstanding academic success these young men and women have achieved,” said John Reed, President and CEO of Maine Savings. “As a community-focused financial institution, it is our privilege to support them in their pursuit of higher education, and we wish them all the very best in this exciting next chapter of their lives.”
Maine credit unions are committed to helping Maine students achieve their higher education goals. Last year, Maine credit unions collectively awarded more than $300,000 in scholarships to traditional and non-traditional students statewide. As a member of the Maine Credit Union League, Maine Savings proudly carries on this tradition each year.
For 2016, the following students received a $500 scholarship from Maine Savings:
- Chelsey Aptt, of John Bapst Memorial High School, will be attending Eastern Maine Community College to study Medical Office Technology.
- Lydia Balestra, of Penquis Valley High School, will be attending the University of Maine to study Education-English.
- Katrina Bradford, of Central High School in Corinth, will be attending the University of Maine to study Nursing.
- Aimee Georgia, of Old Town High School, will be attending Husson University.
- Spencer Hill, of Ellsworth High School, will be attending the Rochester Institute of Technology to study Computing & Information Sciences.
- Abigail Ray, of Bangor High School, will be attending Husson University to study Physical Therapy.
- Carly Wade, of Hampden Academy, will be attending the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture to study Horse Management and become a certified Veterinary Technician.
- David Selwood, of Winslow High School, will be attending Princeton University to study Engineering.
- Emily Lobley, of Washington Academy, will be attending Husson University’s Doctorate in Physical Therapy Program.
About Maine Savings
Maine Savings is a modern financial institution with state-of-the-art technology offering members a full range of financial services, including RedWallet Checking. With more than 28,000 members, 10 branches and nearly 100 employees, Maine Savings is among Maine’s largest credit unions. Maine Savings is committed to providing in-person services paired with modern conveniences. Branches are located in Bangor, Bar Harbor (Jackson Laboratory), Brewer, Corinth, Ellsworth, Hampden, Milo, North Vassalboro and Old Town. Founded in 1961 by employees of the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company, Maine Savings continues to serve its membership as a federally insured not-for-profit credit union.