MD|DC Credit Union Association Board election results announced; Wieczorek welcomed as new Chair
COLUMBIA, MD (August 7, 2017) — The MD|DC Credit Union Association (MD|DC CUA), a regional trade association representing credit unions in Maryland and the Washington, DC region and their 2.1 million members, announced the election results for three At-Large seats for its Board of Directors, and welcomed the 2017 – 2018 Executive Officers.
The following At-Large Directors have been elected to three-year terms:
- Miguel Boluda, President/CEO, PAHO/WHO FCU (re-elected)
- Eric Church, President/CEO, First Financial FCU (new)
- Laura Eacho, EVP/Chief of Staff, Educational Systems FCU (new)
Rick Wieczorek, President/CEO of NIHFCU, has been named Chair of the Board of Directors. Wieczorek has served on the Board since 2009 and previously held the position of Vice Chair.
The Executive Officers for 2017-2018 are:
- Chair: Rick Wieczorek, President/CEO, NIH FCU
- Vice-Chair: Miguel Boluda, President/CEO, PAHO/WHO FCU
- Treasurer: Marsha King, President/CEO, Library of Congress FCU
- Board Secretary: Lois Profili, President/CEO, First Eagle FCU.
“On behalf of the MD|DC Credit Union Association, I would like to congratulate and welcome our newly elected Board Members and Executive Officers,” said John Bratsakis, President and CEO, MD|DC Credit Union Association. “As the credit union industry faces regulatory and legislative challenges, the collective experience of our Board will provide valuable insight, direction and strategic vision. I look forward to working together to position credit unions as the best financial partners for consumers and become dominant in the marketplace.”
The Association’s Board consists of 13 Directors, the remaining Directors are:
- Richard “Doc” Daugherty, President/CEO, Chessie FCU
- Kathy Geary, President/CEO, Democracy FCU
- Dave Gilbert, Director, APG FCU
- Theresa Mann, President/CEO, The Partnership FCU
- Bernard McLaughlin, President/CEO, Point Breeze CU
- Jim Norris, President/CEO, Montgomery County Employees FCU
- Rod Staatz, President/CEO, SECU
About MD-DC Credit Union Association
The MD|DC Credit Union Association is a regional trade organization that helps credit unions in Maryland and the DC Metro area provide their 2.2 million members with exceptional financial services by advocating for credit unions at all levels of government, offering educational and professional development opportunities, providing cost-effective business solutions and raising awareness of the credit union difference. Credit Unions are member-owned, locally-controlled, not-for-profit financial cooperatives. For more information, visit mddccua.org.