National Credit Union Foundation board nominations open
MADISON, WI (October 2, 2018) — The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is currently seeking nominations for four board seats. Volunteers may generally serve up to three terms of the duration of the term of office for the seat they are selected, as long as they are re-nominated by the Foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the Foundation Board.
The qualifications for the four Foundation Board seats are as follows:
- Seat 6 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 12 – System affiliate. The candidate must be and remain a director or executive officer of an organization that is national in scope, that has as its primary purpose support of credit unions or some element of the credit union movement, that has a significant portion of its ownership or membership from the credit union system and that has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of this corporation.
- Seat 13 – At-large. The candidate must be a representative of an organization outside of the credit union system, such as a cooperative, that has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of this corporation
- Seat 15 – Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
The four Foundation Board seats are currently occupied by the following:
- Seat 6 – Pat Wesenberg, President/CEO of Simplicity Credit Union in Marshfield, Wis., is completing her first three-year term on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 12 – Samantha Paxson, EVP and Chief Marketing and Experience Officer for CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., is completing the three-year term previously held by Sarah Bang, also of CO-OP Financial Services on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 13 – Larry Middleman, President/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC in Portland, Ore.,
is completing his second tw0-year term on the Foundation Board; and
- Seat 15 – Teresa Campbell, President/CEO of San Diego County Credit Union in San Diego, Calif., is completing her first three-year term on the Foundation Board.
All four Foundation Board members mentioned above have expressed their intent to run as incumbents for the seats they currently hold.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in applying for any of these four seats can visit www.ncuf.coop/board to obtain the “Declaration of Candidacy” document. Applications must be received by October 30, 2018.
About National Credit Union Foundation
The National Credit Union Foundation (The Foundation) (ncuf.coop) is the charitable arm of the U.S credit union movement, serving as a catalyst for change in people’s financial lives. The Foundation works to ignite understanding and focus on member financial health, inspire and create opportunities for credit unions to leverage their cooperative values and respond quickly when disaster strikes. Through cooperative support and action, the Foundation helps people achieve financial freedom.