Nearly 800 credit union leaders attend California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues’ annual convention—‘REACH’
Unconventional insights gained as attendees are encouraged to ‘Move Forward’
ONTARIO, CA (November 10, 2017) — Nearly 800 executives and professionals within the credit union industry gathered for the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues’ annual “REACH” convention this past week, where attendees discovered new and unconventional ways of engaging and serving the credit union member of the future.
The Leagues’ annual conference (hosted at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort) was packed with an exclusive line-up that dove deep into the continuing themes of innovation and disruption, including general sessions, breakout discussions, REACHtalks, exhibit hall interactions, receptions, award banquets, and exclusive networking events taking centerstage—all under the theme of “Move Forward.”
Special guests included National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Board Chairman Mark McWatters; NCUA Board Vice Chairman Rick Metsger; Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) Chairman Brian McCrory; National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) Executive Director Gigi Hyland; and National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions President and CEO Cathie Mahon.
Click here for individual recaps of each keynote speaker:
- ‘REACH’ Wednesday Morning: Scott Stratten and Fintech Panel
- ‘REACH’ Tuesday Afternoon: Josh Linkner and Rick Metsger
- Shining Stars in CU Advocacy at ‘REACH’
- ‘REACH’ 2nd Morning: Sasha Strauss, Special Guests, and REACHtalks
- REACH Kicks Off: ‘Destructive Creation’ Helps CUs View World Differently; and Chairman McWatters
- Leo Shapiro Awardee and Others Recognized at ‘REACH’
- Boards Look Back, and Ahead, at League Business Meetings
- ‘Head and Heart’ Memoir Launched at ‘REACH’
- School Kids Get a ‘Bite of Reality’ before REACH
Leagues President and CEO Diana Dykstra commended credit unions across California and Nevada for working together to make “true change” in the lives of their members. “Your leadership and service to your members has been remarkable,” she said. “The work you do as credit unions changes people’s lives.”
Dykstra also thanked credit union advocacy leaders and volunteers for their tireless efforts in helping the movement spotlight to state and federal lawmakers the work credit unions are accomplishing in their communities at all levels, as well as monies raised by the industry for the victims of natural disasters, ill children served by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, and resources put toward financial literacy through the Richard Myles Johnson Foundation and other efforts.
Keynote speakers and topics included:
- Angela Chee—TV host, media/communication coach, former news anchor and reporter (event emcee)
- Phil Hansen—internationally recognized multimedia artist, author, and innovator (“Transforming Limitations into Opportunities”)
- Sasha Strauss—founder of Innovation Protocol, and adjunct graduate professor for UCLA, UC Irvine and USC (“Building and Leveraging Brand in the New Normal”)
- Josh Linkner—chairman and co-founder of both Fuel Leadership and the Institute for Applied Creativity; entrepreneur; and author (“Harnessing Innovation”)
- Scott Stratten—president of Un-Marketing (“Unmarketing: Designing Customer Experiences that Engage”)
About California Credit Union League
Headquartered in Ontario, California, the League exists to help credit unions change people’s lives by supporting their operations, guidance, strategy and philosophy. Our trade association helps more than 260 local credit unions in California serve 13.3 million members and manage $285 billion in assets.