Northwest Credit Union Association launches region-wide young professionals program
SEATAC, WA (September 13, 2017) — The Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA) is collaborating with credit union young professionals’ organizations in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, to launch the region-wide Northwest Young Professionals Network. Established organizations involved include YCUP Portland, YCUP Greater Seattle Area, and Climb Idaho.
The Northwest Young Professionals Network will show its collective force for the first time during the NWCUA’s annual MAXX Convention in Spokane, WA October 23-25. An impressive group of 18 young professionals will serve as “YP Leads” who will connect colleagues with new learning opportunities. A regional delegation of “Champions” judged the YP Lead candidates.
“During the selection and judging process, there was one consistent characteristic that stood out among all applicants: the passion that each of them displayed for helping others through the Credit Union Movement,” said Ed Bedell, Business Development Officer at Spokane Federal Credit Union.
“If these 18 UP Leads are any indication of the future of the Credit Union Movement in the Northwest, se are in great hands,” echoed Nick Fugal, Chief Financial Officer of Nampa, ID-based Clarity Credit Union.
The 18 YP Leads who will launch the Northwest Young Professionals Network are:
- Jennifer Ash, Market Research and Consumer Advocate Administrator, Horizon CU
- Nikie Bauer, Branch Supervisor, Clarity CU
- Katie Bledsoe, Loan Officer 1, Simplot Employees CU
- Sarah Buck, Training Coordinator and Marketing Assistant, USAgencies CU
- Morgan Cole, Public Relations Specialist, Inspirus CU
- Linda Crane, Executive Administrative Assistant, Global CU
- Sam Jensen, Lead Video Financial Solutions Partner, Pioneer FCU
- John Lindsay, Fraud Investigator & BSA Compliance Associate, SELCO
- Caitlin Lyon, Marketing Coordinator-Administration, Rogue CU
- Toni Mathews Executive Assistant, Trailhead CU
- Valentin Palomino, Assistant Branch Manager, Numerica CU
- Mallory Randazzo, Training and Development Specialist, Verity CU
- Karen Rowe, Administrative Assistant, Beehive FCU
- Rebekah Schroeter, Member Consultant, Verity CU
- Symantha Sermino, Member Business Services Assistant, Northwest Community CU
- Titan Sweeten, Consumer Lending Agent, Beehive FCU
- Mary Vasquez, Community Advocate, Point West CU
- Alisha Watson, Community Relationship Specialist, P1FCU
NWCUA has established an online community to connect and influence the long-term development of the Movement’s future leaders. Posted resources include mentoring outreach opportunities to connect with “YP Champions,” career training opportunities, introductions to the 2017 YP Leads, and additional networking opportunities.
Steve Pagenstecher, VP Member Experience at Portland-based Point West Credit Union, has long been involved in Young Professional networking, and is now serving as a YP Champion for the Northwest Young Professional Network. He expressed gratitude for the long-term vision NWCUA has for the region’s future leaders.
“I’m excited to see the Association play a critical role in bringing attention to the importance of attracting and engaging young professionals in the Northwest,” Pagenstecher said.
Making a permanent commitment to young professionals’ development is a responsibility that Troy Stang, President and CEO of the NWCUA takes seriously.
“It is clear,” he said, “that we have the talent to lead the industry right here in our region, and it is our responsibility to cultivate that talent by providing and fostering opportunities like these for our young professionals—those who will advance our industry’s future.”.
VP/Public Relations & Communications