Notre Dame Federal Credit Union announces 2016 scholarship winners
NOTRE DAME, IN (August 30, 2016) — Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) awarded twelve scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic school year. The students each received $1,500 and accompanying 2017 summer internships within the credit union department of their choosing. The students are:
- Bryce Badura is a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame, pursuing a degree in Computer Science and Engineering. He was also selected and named a Notre Dame Hesburgh – Yusko Scholar.
- Vivian Crumlish is a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame, majoring in International Economics. She is a member of the KIND Club, an organization that encourages random acts of kindness through notes and email communications.
- Joshua Gluch is a student at the University of Notre Dame, studying to become a Civil Engineer after graduation. He also works and sings in the Notre Dame Liturgical Choir.
- Andrea Keszei is a sophomore at Ball State University, pursuing a degree in Digital Video Production. She was also a 2015 Scholarship Award recipient and a 2016 Notre Dame FCU Summer Intern in the Marketing Department.
- Rebecca Ryan is a senior at the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Applied and Computational Math and Statistics. She is a member of the Navy ROTC and plans to pursue her degree and commission in the Navy.
- Benjamin Weaver is a sophomore at Indiana University where he is attending the Kelley School of Business. He is also a 2015 Scholarship Award recipient and a 2016 Notre Dame FCU Summer Intern with the Private Member Group.
- Margaret Becker is a freshman at Purdue University and intends to pursue a degree in Psychology. She is also a 2016 graduate of Marian High School where she was President of the National Honors Society.
- Brett Katalinic is a freshman at the University of Notre Dame. He is a 2016 graduate of Carl Sandburg High School in Orland Park, Illinois, where he was a 2016-2017 Illinois State Scholar and an AP Scholar with Distinction.
- David Napierkowski is a freshmen at Holy Cross College, majoring in Business. He is a 2016 graduate of Bethlehem Catholic High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, where he was the captain of the Varsity Tennis Team.
- Sydnye Nosbusch is a freshmen at the University of Notre Dame with plans to attend medical school after graduation. She is a 2016 graduate of Valparaiso High School where she ran Varsity Cross Country and Track.
- Justin Stahl is a freshmen at Valparaiso University, where he is studying Business/Psychology. He is a 2016 graduate of Penn High School where he was the captain for the Varsity Soccer Team.
- Alison Suckle is a freshmen at the University of Michigan pursuing a degree that will enable her to become a Nurse Anesthetist. She is a 2016 graduate of Niles High School where she was the Student Council Treasurer.
The scholarship committee, made up of Notre Dame FCU employees and members of its Board of Directors, selected students who demonstrated a well-rounded portfolio of academics, financial need, community involvement, leadership and participation in academic activities.
This is the fourth year Notre Dame FCU has made these scholarships available. Notre Dame FCU believes that higher education is among the most important intellectual and creative resources necessary to face current and future societal needs and challenges.
“These are very deserving students. We are proud to support their education and are confident that they will pay forward the good fortune that they have earned,” said Tom Gryp, President and CEO at Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
About Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. With assets exceeding $1 billion and more than 60,000 members worldwide, Notre Dame FCU's dedicated partners (employees), coupled with a wide array of financial services, provide members a personalized experience through the credit union's eleven convenient branch locations, its virtual branch (Shamrock Center), and through its robust online banking platform and mobile apps. Founded in 1941, Notre Dame FCU has grown from its origins in the Administration Building at the University of Notre Dame, and today serves over 900 affiliated groups. Notre Dame FCU is independent of the University. Visit us at www.NotreDameFCU.com. Insured by NCUA.