Old West Chapter Association of Credit Unions are Raising Awareness and Funds to Benefit the Youth & Family Services Organization
Dawn L. Laskowski,
Director of Business Development
Highmark Federal Credit Union
605-716-4444, ext. 154
The Old West Chapter Association of Credit Unions, comprised of different credit unions in western South Dakota, are raising awareness and funds to benefit the Youth & Family Services organization in Black Hills Area communities.
The Old West Chapter is dedicating its November 17th meeting as its first ever Community Benefit event, by holding their meeting at YFS, 120 E Adams Street Facility. YFS will demonstrate their nutrition service capabilities by preparing the evening meal for the Old West Chapter’s dinner meeting. YFS will also educate the association attendees on their services and programs that they provide to 11,000 children and families throughout the communities of the Black Hills area.
The Old West Chapter will donate their monthly meal budget to YFS for showcasing their program capabilities to their members.
To add to the overall Chapter contribution to Youth and Family Services, each participating credit union has been busy raising money within their individual organizations, and will present their unique credit union’s donation at this event as well.
The timing of this Community Benefit event is specifically planned amidst the Thanksgiving season. “While the Credit Union practice of “people helping people” is demonstrated throughout the year by each of our individual credit unions,” Shon Hanczyc, President of the Old West Chapter Association, explains, “Our organization recognizes the needs of families increase as we approach the holidays. We want to assist YFS in helping meet those needs.”
While this is the Old West Chapter’s first Community Benefit event, we are planning on making it an annual effort and continue to help their communities by assisting other agencies in the future.
Credit Union Members of the Old West Chapter include:
- Black Hills Federal Credit Union
- CR Community First Federal Credit Union
- Dacotah Federal Credit Union
- Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union
- Dakota Star Federal Credit Union
- Dakota Territory Federal Credit Union
- Highmark Federal Credit Union
- Med5 Federal Credit Union
- Minuteman Community Federal Credit Union
- Northern Hills Federal Credit Union
- Rapid City Telco Federal Credit Union
- Rushmore Electric Federal Credit Union
- Sentinel Federal Credit Union
- Simply Service Federal Credit Union
- United Methodist First Choice Federal Credit Union