Redwood Credit Union elects board of directors
RCU volunteer officials named for three-year terms, 2023–2026
SANTA ROSA, CA (May 24, 2023) — Redwood Credit Union recently re-elected volunteer board members Christina Rivera, David Gouin, and Debbie Watts.
RCU’s board of directors sets the credit union’s strategic direction and policies. Because credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, RCU’s board is composed of RCU members who serve voluntarily and are elected by the membership.
Re-elected for three-year terms (2023–2026):
- Christina Rivera, who has served as an RCU volunteer official since 2014. She is a Sonoma County government public employee, currently serving as county administrator. She has a bachelor’s degree in business and accounting and completed the Sonoma State University MBA program.
- David Gouin, who has served as a volunteer official since 2008. He has over 30 years of public service with the County of Sonoma, City of Vacaville, and the City of Santa Rosa, including eleven years as Director of the Department of Economic Development and Housing, and Housing and Community Services, from which he retired in 2020. Gouin also serves on the Audit & Enterprise Risk Committee for RCU.
- Debbie Watts, who has been a volunteer since 1976 and has held a variety of positions on the board. She is retired after more than 37 years of service from the County of Sonoma, serving as the Manager of the customer services division of The Permit and Resource Management Department. Watts also serves on the board of directors for RCU Services Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Redwood Credit Union.
The board has also named its officer roles for the year as follows:
- Rob Eyler, Board Chair
- Jim Olmsted, Board Vice Chair
- Lisa Wittke Schaffner, Board Secretary
- Debbie Watts, Board Treasurer
Additionally, the board welcomed Stephanie Plante as a new associate board member, and Gerardo Martin continues to serve as RCU associate board member.
To learn about the credit union’s performance, community impact, technology enhancements, and more for last year, view RCU’s interactive online 2022 Annual Report.
About Redwood Credit Union
Founded in 1950, Redwood Credit Union is a full-service financial institution providing personal and business banking to consumers and businesses in the North Bay and San Francisco. With a mission to passionately serve the best interests of its Members, team members, and communities, RCU delivers many ways for its Members to save and build money through checking and savings accounts, auto and home loans, credit cards, digital banking, business services, commercial and SBA lending, and more. Wealth management and investment services are available through CUSO Financial Services L.P., and insurance and auto-purchasing services are also offered through RCU Services Group (RCU’s wholly owned subsidiary). RCU has more than $7.5 billion in assets and serves more than 430,000 members with full-service branches from San Francisco to Ukiah.
For more information, call 1 (800) 479-7928, visit redwoodcu.org, or follow RCU on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn for news and updates.