Rivermark Announces Rebuild of Hawthorne Branch
David Noble, Vice President of Marketing
Rivermark Community Credit Union’s new Hawthorne branch will open on Monday, July 26 at 2537 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. The new 8,800 square foot building was built adjacent to the existing branch, which will be demolished and recycled this fall. Rivermark has occupied the Hawthorne location since 1961.
Sustainability and local sourcing was a priority for Rivermark who hired Baysinger Partners of Portland to design the building and LMC, Inc. of Beaverton as general contractor. The design reflects the Credit Union’s unique brand and respects the character of the Hawthorne neighborhood with amenities like a walk-up teller station and covered bike parking.
The finished building is targeted to receive certification from Earth Advantage of Portland for its many sustainable features such as:
- Solar-ready for an electric vehicle charging station with preferred parking for alternative fuel vehicles
- A 1,200 square foot green roof to reduce storm water runoff and an on-site storm water filtration system
- Extensive use of recycled materials like Portland-produced Metro Paint, steel, drywall, metal studs, concrete, ceiling tiles and patio pavers
- GreenGuard insulation that is HCFC free and made of no less than 30% recycled content
- Xeriscape landscaping to conserve water with drought-tolerant plants and a moisture-sensing irrigation system
- Automated lighting controls in low-use areas and dimming controls in natural light areas
- Use of carpet and adhesive materials that produce low VOC levels to improve indoor air quality
- The use of cleaning products that meet Green Seal environmental standards
Other features include a drive thru lane, night deposit drop, free self-service coin counting machine, six teller stations, an investment representative and a mortgage loan officer.
Rivermark Community Credit Union, with over $495 million in assets, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative headquartered in Beaverton Oregon. More than 58,000 Oregonians turn to Rivermark for trusted financial advice and superior products and services. Rivermark has grown dramatically since its founding in 1951, providing a full line of financial products and services at its eight branches and online. Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in 11 Oregon counties.