Rivermark Holds Ribbon Cutting to Celebrate Grand Opening of the Hawthorne Branch
David Noble, Vice President of Marketing
Portland, OR – On Monday, October 27, Congressman Earl Blumenauer and over 100 local business owners, media and community organizations attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for Rivermark Community Credit Union’s new 8,800 square foot Hawthorne Branch at 2537 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. Congressman Blumenauer congratulated Rivermark for its role in revitalizing the Hawthorne area and for its emphasis on local and sustainable building practices.
In July 2010, credit union services moved out of the old building that had been occupied since 1961 and into the adjacent new building. However, onsite parking remained unavailable until the old building was deconstructed and recycled. This week, Rivermark’s entire site was made fully available to members, including covered bike parking spaces, a drive through lane, a 24-hour walk-up ATM, and a bike-up/walk-up teller window.
Sustainability and local sourcing was a priority for Rivermark who partnered with local non-profit, Earth Advantage Institute, to plan the environmental goals of the project. By achieving requirements in the categories of energy, water, health, land and materials, the Credit Union is slated to receive Earth Advantage’s first commercial Silver Certification.
Green building practices:
- Emphasis on purchasing materials made within a 270 mile radius such as the cedar siding, structural concrete block, and interior paint
- A 1,200 square foot green roof to reduce storm water runoff and an on-site storm water filtration system
- 21% energy saving from lighting, heating/cooling and insulation
- 30% estimated water savings from high-efficiency faucets and fixtures
- 53% construction waste recycled
- Learn more about our green building practices on our web site at www.rivermarkcu.org
Rivermark Community Credit Union, with over $495 million in assets, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative headquartered in Beaverton Oregon. More than 58,000 Oregonians turn to Rivermark for trusted financial advice and superior products and services. Rivermark has grown dramatically since its founding in 1951, providing a full line of financial products and services at its eight branches and online. Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in 11 Oregon counties.