Summit Credit Union Awards Five Continuing Education Scholarships To High School, College Students
For more information, contact:
Cheryl Van Tessier, Finesse Public Relations LLC
(608) 467-4408, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Crowe, Summit Credit Union
(608) 243-5000×2834, email@example.com
MADISON, Wis. — Summit Credit Union awarded $1,500 tuition scholarships to five students at its annual Spring membership meeting. In addition to providing scholarships to two additional students this year, the amount of each scholarship increased as well. Over the past 10 years, Summit has been able to help more than 25 deserving students pursue higher education.
The Mary Siedlecki Honorarium Scholarship was awarded to:
- Catherine (Katie) Kuecker of Madison. Kuecker is a 2011 graduate of Edgewood High School, Madison, Wis., and is attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study pre-pharmacy in Fall 2011.
The four Volunteer Board of Directors Scholarships were awarded to:
- Olivia Sanderfoot of Madison. Sanderfoot is a 2011 graduate of East High School, Madison, Wis., and is attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study music and biology in Fall 2011.
- Benjamin Neumann of Verona, Wis. Neumann is a 2011 graduate of Verona High School and is attending Northern Illinois University to study business administration in Fall 2011.
- Joshua Blumenfeld of Madison. Blumenfeld is a 2011 graduate of Memorial High School and plans to study architecture in Fall 2011.
- Khloe Frank of Port Townsend, Wash. A 2010 graduate of Port Townsend High School, Frank will be a sophomore at University of Washington, where she is studying neurobiology and global health.
One hundred thirteen students applied for the scholarships this year, doubling the number of students who applied last year. Recipients were chosen based on grade point averages, extracurricular activities, community activities, employment experience and an essay on “The Credit Union Difference.”
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.6 billion in assets and has more than 119,000 members with a total of 24 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.