Top honors go to five credit union executives at CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference
ANAHEIM, CA (March 24, 2016) — Jeremiah DeGollon, Michelle Hunter, Nancy Hutchinson, Nadine Hohnke and Joanne Billow were honored for their achievements in marketing and business development during a ceremony at the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference, March 20-23 in Anaheim, California.
- Jeremiah DeGollon, AVP – business development for Summit CU, Madison, Wisconsin won the Business Development Professional of the Year Award. DeGollon was recognized for his innovative business development philosophy — incorporating culture, partnerships, advocacy and financial confidence — that has fundamentally changed the way Summit approaches growth and customer outreach.
- Michelle Hunter, senior vice president, marketing & development for CU of Southern California, Anaheim Hills, California won the Marketing Professional of the Year Award. Hunter was recognized for her marketing leadership that, in 2015, led CU of Southern California to reach $1 billion in assets, add four new branches and achieve a 92% member satisfaction score.
- Nancy Hutchinson, senior vice president, marketing & business development, Minnesota Power Employees CU, Duluth, Minnesota, won the Hall of Fame Award. Hutchinson was chosen for her two decades of service to her credit union’s marketing department, which has resulted in significant membership and asset growth, as well as her extensive charity work.
- Nadine Hohnke, marketing analyst, Public Service CU, Romulus, Michigan, won the Rising Star of the Year Award. This award recognizes rising professionals with 2 or less years of experience in the credit union industry. Hohnke was recognized for her demonstrated ability to marry market knowledge with achievable plans of action to get results for her credit union.
- Joanne Billow, marketing services manager, Greylock FCU and Greylock Marketing Group, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, was presented with the Volunteer of the Year Award. As a member-led organization, the Council relies on volunteers, and this award recognizes those contributions to the Council. Billow has served on the Diamond Award judging team from 2012 to 2015 and is part of a Diamond Award-winning creative team.
The winners and their achievements will be featured in an upcoming issue of Credit Union Magazine. For more information, click cunacouncils.org/awards.
About CUNA Councils
CUNA Councils is a member-led, collaborative community of credit union leaders providing vibrant peer interaction, new ideas and innovation to foster professional development for our members while advocating for the overall success of the credit union movement. There are seven CUNA Councils with a network of more than 7,300 credit union professionals. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.