The CU DEI Collective announced today the election of 6 new members to the governing body. The election brings the number of board members to 21 to reflect broad and deep diversity of voices and life experiences within the credit union space. The following organizations now complete the Collective’s governing body with their voice and vote:
- CUES (John Pembroke), representing Other Trade/Professional Organizational category
- CU Pride representing the LGTBQ+ Credit Union Community, representing the Diversity-centric organizational category
- Mitchell, Stankovic & Associates (Susan Mitchell), representing the At-Large organizational category.
- National Association of Federally Insured Credit Unions (Jacqueline Ortiz Ramsay), representing the At-Large organizational category
- BECU (Jackie Martinez-Vasquez), representing the Credit Union category
- Premier America Credit Union (Diana Cervantes), representing the Credit Union category.
“I am humbled to see such interest in the Collective. We were pleased to receive so many applications. The nominations showed unrivaled aspirations and a firm commitment to making the credit union space a place of inclusion and belonging,” said Victor Miguel Corro, Coopera CEO and Chair of the Collective. “We have remarkable people on the governing body to build a strong Collective.”
continue reading »