Summer is the season for travel. With warm weather comes the feeling of freedom to explore and go new places. Every year brings new ideas for travel experiences. Recently, I have heard about people finding green ways to travel and taking more solo trips. The possibilities are endless
Whatever form it takes, travel is about the experience. Help your members get ready to enjoy their vacation time this year by offering these three tips.
1. Don’t Follow the Crowd
While crowds can be energizing at times, they may add stress and even spoil your members’ best laid plans. (Just ask anyone visiting Nashville during the April 2019 NFL Draft.) Less-traveled destinations offer the chance for experiences (and pictures) that stand out from the crowd. Your members can spend less time waiting in line and more time having fun and exploring.
2. Don’t Get Weighed Down by Packing
Why escape the burdens of daily living only to be brought down by overloaded luggage? Below are some tips to help your members pack for the experience they want.
- Bring only necessities. Avoid items that are easily lost and expensive to replace, like jewelry.
- Check the weather forecast so you can pack the right clothing and accessories.
- If flying, bring a few outfits in a carry-on bag in case your luggage is delayed or lost.
- Don’t forget converter plugs for international destinations.
- Bring snacks and a refillable water bottle to save money and time.
- Be prepared for small emergencies with a travel-sized first aid kit and medicines.
- Consider the environment when choosing luggage. A backpack could be useful for trips that involve hiking while a wheeled suitcase may not be worth the extra weight for locations without many paved roads.
- Bringing a reloadable prepaid card like the CUMONEY® Visa TravelMoney® prepaid card by LSC can help budget spending while providing the flexibility to add more funds if needed.
3. Planning for Fun
Vacation is the time to have fun and escape rigid schedules and to-do-lists. Good pre-trip planning helps make the trip more relaxing. When traveling someplace new, taking the time to research the geography and culture is a good way to feel more at ease. Downloading helpful apps, like those that assist with language translations or mobile banking, can help prepare for unexpected adventures. For international travel, remind your members to get their money exchanged before leaving so they’re ready to start having fun as soon as they arrive at their destination.
Wherever your members travel this summer, these tips can aid them in having a great experience. With the right planning they can be prepared for a unique adventure all their own.