Day one is in the books, and it was fantastic.
Here were some of the things that caught my “ear.”
- The volume of data and transactions in our industry blows my mind. Mastercard said they monitor 160 million transactions an hour.
- 60 percent of attacks on data and information come from insiders.
- Cyber criminals are not some kid in their parent’s basement. They are big businesses with training departments and budgets.
- Within five years, expect nearly 75 percent of Americans to be using some sort of biometrics with their smart phones.
- The age on an email account has a high correlation to fraud. The older the email address, the less likely a new account is fraudulent. There are vendors that can measure that age.
continue reading »