2012 CUNA ELLy Training Award Winners Announced
MADISON, Wis. (October 29, 2012) – CUNA recognized 12 credit unions for their outstanding credit union training programs and training professionals at this year’s CUNA ELLy Training Awards, held at CUNA Experience Learning Live!, September 30-October 3 in Denver, CO. The ELLy Training Awards are the only national awards presented to credit union trainers that recognize excellence in professional staff development.
Awards are presented to credit union professionals from two asset divisions – less than and greater than $250 million in assets. First place awards and awards of merit were presented in the following categories:
Chi Phi Delta Award
This award represents the best development of a Credit Union University, and its effect on staff learning and performance, using CUNA’s Center for Professional Development products as the foundation.
- First Place: Terrance Shelton of Golden 1 Credit Union, CA
This award is presented to participants who demonstrate how their use of technology-based training has enhanced their credit union training initiatives.
- First Place: Summit Credit Union Learning & Organizational Development of Summit Credit Union, WI
- Award of Merit: Eastman Credit Union Learning Resource Center of Eastman Credit Union, TN
Training Champion Award
This award recognizes senior management staff members who go beyond the call of duty to support and develop their credit union’s training program.
- Award of Merit, Credit unions with more than 250 million in total assets: Kevin Hartz of Community First Credit Union, WI
- Award of Merit, Credit unions with less than 250 million in total assets: Senior Leadership Team (John Buckley, Lori Cregg, Phil Archer, Ken Craigie, Ellen Davis and Jessica Broad) of Gerber Federal Credit Union, MI
Training Professional of the Year Award
This award honors exceptional achievements in performance and learning by a credit union training professional or department.
- First Place: GESA Training & Education Department of GESA Credit Union, WA
- Award of Merit: BHFCU Training of Black Hills Federal Credit Union, SD
This award is presented to the credit union with the best overall training curriculum or best training event that energizes, empowers, and excites participants.
- First Place, Credit unions with more than 250 million in total assets: Community First Credit Union, WI
- First Place, Credit unions with more than 250 million in total assets: Warren FCU Training Team of Warren Federal Credit Union, WY
- Award of Merit, Credit unions with more than 250 million in total assets: Alisha McLaughlin & Sarah Fraley-Russell of Empower Federal Credit Union, NY
- Award of Merit, Credit unions with more than 250 million in total assets: Training/HR Department of Solarity Credit Union, WA
- Award of Merit, Credit unions with less than 250 million in total assets: Susan Sierno of Plus 4 Credit Union, TX
For more information about the CUNA ELLy Training Awards, visit training.cuna.org/ellys.
With its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, Credit Union National Association (CUNA) serves 90 percent of America’s 7,200 state and federally chartered credit unions, which are owned by more than 95 million consumer members. Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives providing affordable financial services to people from all walks of life. For more information about CUNA, visit www.cuna.org or the CUNAverse blog and follow @CUNAverse on Twitter. For more information about credit unions, visit www.aSmarterChoice.org and follow @asmarterchoice on Twitter.