2014-2015 Googolplex youth editorial board announced
MADISON, WI (September 15, 2014) — Twelve students living across the U.S. have been selected to serve one-year terms as youth editorial board members for the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) microsite called Googolplex: The Credit Union Guide for Student Money Makers.
“We value the feedback and fresh ideas that we receive from our youth editorial board members,” says Rena Crispin, Googolplex managing editor. “These bright students help us develop financial literacy tools that speak directly to their peers.”
Googolplex is a youth-focused element of CUNA’s personal finance microsite suite, which guides credit union members through financial decisions at every stage of life. Googolplex features interactive games, videos, blogs, and other content dealing with money matters and real-life issues to promote financial literacy for youth from age 8 to 18.
Youth editorial board members write critiques of stories and games in age-specific sections of Googolplex’s award-winning three-in-one microsite each month. At the end of their terms, each board member writes an original story for Googolplex.
The Clubhouse Crew for 5-Spot, aimed at elementary school students:
- Audrey, 10, EECU, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Beca, 8, TruGrocer Federal Credit Union, Boise, Idaho
- Courtney, 10, Andrews Federal Credit Union, Clinton, Md.
- Erick, 11, Star Credit Union, Madison, Wis.
The Super Youth Team for AJ’s, intended for middle school students:
- Reagan, 13, Neighbors Credit Union, St. Louis, Mo.
- Priscilla, 14, VyStar Credit Union, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Tamiah, 12, North Carolina State Employees Credit Union, Raleigh, N.C.
The Teenage Panel advising C-Note, focused on high school students:
- Brittany, 17, iQ Credit Union, Vancouver, Wash.
- Shemar, 17, American Airline Federal Credit Union, Dallas, Texas.
- Colby, 14, NuVision Federal Credit Union, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Jack, 14, Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Sea Cliff, N.Y.
- Katie, 16, EECU, Fort Worth, Texas.
“Our youth board members give us feedback that helps their peers feel welcome and validated whenever they use Googolplex on their credit unions’ websites,” says Susan Tiffany, CCUFC, director of consumer periodicals.
To view photos of the new youth board members, learn more about each student, and explore Googolplex, visit 5-Spot, AJ’s, and C-Note from a subscribing credit union’s subscription.Googolplex is just one element of CUNA’s personal finance suite. Learn more about other online content that benefits credit unions and their members.
With its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, Credit Union National Association (CUNA) serves America’s credit unions, which are owned by 100 million consumer members. Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives providing affordable financial services to people from all walks of life. For more information about CUNA, visit www.cuna.org or follow @CUNA on Twitter. For more information about credit unions, visit www.aSmarterChoice.org and follow @asmarterchoice on Twitter. Visit the CUNA Press Room for a full listing of media mentions, press releases and resources to stay informed on current events within the credit union industry.