Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union employees donate $9,000 to community organizations
DALEVILLE, AL (January 14, 2015) — In January, Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) employees recently donated $9,000 to 15 nonprofit organizations in AACFCU’s service areas of Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay area. The donations come from an account funded completely by employee contributions in 2014. On designated work days, AACFCU employees donate to this account in exchange for wearing jeans to work.
These organizations include:
- Aide for Animals, Mobile, Ala.
- Alabama Baptist Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
- Alaqua Animal Refuge, Freeport, Fla.
- Caring and Sharing of South Walton, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Dale County Rescue Mission, Ozark, Ala.
- Dothan Rescue Mission, Dothan, Ala.
- Family Promise of Coastal Alabama, Mobile, Ala.
- House of Ruth, Dothan, Ala.
- Penelope House, Mobile, Ala.
- Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center, Troy, Ala.
- SOS Animal Shelter, Enterprise, Ala.
- Southeast Alabama Child Advocacy Center, Dothan, Ala.
- Southeast Alabama Youth Services, Dothan, Ala.
- West DeFuniak Elementary School’s Back Pack Program, DeFuniak Springs, Fla.
- Wiregrass Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
In December of each year, employees nominate and vote on organizations they would like to see receive the funds.
Pictured L to R: Laurie Hood, Alaqua Animal Refuge founder; Cheryl Hodges, AACFCU business development officer; Karen McCarthy, AACFCU assistant vice president of Walton County operations.
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union was founded 48 years ago by seven soldiers at Fort Rucker, Ala. on the principles of the “Credit Union Movement.” Today, AACFCU serves more than 120,000 members worldwide with 20 locations throughout Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay Area. For more information, visit www.aacfcu.com.