Capital Credit Union announces scholarship recipients
GREEN BAY, WI (March 19, 2019) — Capital Credit Union today announced the seven recipients of its $1,000 Howard J. Snortland Scholarships.
- Sean Gierke, Beulah, is a senior at Beulah High School. He plans to attend North Dakota State University in the fall to pursue a degree in agriculture and biosystems engineering.
- Olivia Murdoff, Bismarck, is currently attending Concordia College, majoring in biology.
- Elizabeth Nolan, Hazen, is a senior at Hazen High School. She plans to attend Minot State University in the fall to pursue a degree in history.
- Matthew Reep, Bismarck, is a senior at Shiloh Christian High School. He plans to attend North Dakota State University in the fall to pursue a degree in accounting.
- Kaylin Tomac, Fargo, is currently attending North Dakota State University, majoring in civil engineering.
- Taylor Toso, Bismarck, is currently attending the University of North Dakota, majoring in political science.
- Abby Voigt, Bismarck, is currently attending North Dakota State University, majoring in electrical engineering.
Since the scholarship was established in 1996, Capital Credit Union has awarded $116,500 to 122 students. It is named in honor of Howard J. Snortland and his 60 years of volunteer service to Capital Credit Union. Snortland was instrumental in helping the credit union grow from its humble roots to the thriving financial cooperative it is today. He was a relentless advocate of our credit union and the credit union industry and was dedicated to educating members, elected officials and local citizens about its cooperative structure, member-centric products, personalized service and community involvement.
About Capital Credit Union (WI)
Capital Credit Union is headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., with assets of more than $2.3 billion. With branches located throughout Northeast Wisconsin, the credit union serves more than 120,000 members in the greater Green Bay, Fox Valley, and Heart of the Valley areas, as well as Greenville, Oshkosh, Freedom, Shawano and Sturgeon Bay. You can find Capital Credit Union on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or visit their website at www.capitalcu.com.