Capito, Royce Join Speaker Lineup for NAFCU’s 2012 Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14
WASHINGTON – Reps. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) and Ed Royce (R-Calif.), both members of the House Financial Services Committee, join the distinguished list of speakers confirmed for the National Association of Federal Credit Unions’ Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14, in Washington, D.C.
Capito is chairman of House Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit. Royce is chief sponsor of H.R. 1418, the Small Business Lending Enhancement Act, which would raise the credit union member business loan cap for eligible institutions.
The event is open to NAFCU members and nonmembers.
EVENT: NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus, the association’s largest lobbying event of the year, brings together hundreds of federal credit unions to talk about critical issues, visit lawmakers and hear from prominent congressional and financial industry leaders. Tucker Carlson, a contributor on Fox News and editor-in-chief of TheDailyCaller.com, will be the keynote speaker.
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 11 – Friday, Sept. 14
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SPEAKERS:
- Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.)
- Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.)
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.)
- Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.)
- Rep. Gary Peters (D-Mich.)
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.)
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.)
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr. (D-Mo.)
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)
- Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.)
- Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.)
- Rep. John Barrow (D-Ga.)
- Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio)
- Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.)
- Donald Layton, CEO, Freddie Mac
- Edward DeMarco, acting director, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Carole Galante, acting commissioner, Federal Housing Administration
- Gigi Hyland and Michael Fryzel, board members, National Credit Union Administration
- Jason Cabel Roe and Jimmy Williams, political commentators, Fox News and MSNBC, respectively.
- Mark Calabria, director of financial regulation studies, Cato Institute
- Ted Tozer, president of Ginnie Mae
* Times and speakers subject to change.
For more information about NAFCU’s 2012 Congressional Caucus, go to www.nafcu.org/caucus.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.