Corporate Central to host first ever Digital Marketing Forum
MILWAUKEE, WI (October 8, 2019) — Corporate Central is set to host a new and innovative Digital Marketing Forum at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The full-day event on Thursday, November 7 will include social listening and online brand reputation, mobile marketing strategies, paid search advertising strategies (geofencing, digital display, and online video/radio), digital storytelling, and gamification. A networking event and digital marketing panel discussion will be held the evening prior, Wednesday, November 6. The deadline to register for the event is Friday, October 25.
“We are now living in a dynamic digital world; helping our members better understand and succeed in the digital-age is important to us.” said Chris Felton, President/CEO of Corporate Central. “We’re excited to offer this new Digital Marketing Forum that will allow participants to learn valuable information that they can take back to their credit unions.”
The speaker line-up at the forum includes:
- Dr. Liz Gross, Founder & CEO of Campus Sonar. Gross will present Social Listening: A Key Source of Marketing and Business Intelligence. She will talk about how social listening, the collection and analysis of relevant online conversations (from places like Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, and forums), produces valuable insights that inform all aspects of marketing and business strategy. Dr. Gross is an award-winning speaker, author, and strategist who was named a 2018 Mover and Shaker by Social Shake-Up Show. She has delivered top-rated talks at SXSW, SXSW EDU, the American Marketing Association Symposium, and the Carnegie Conference.
- Kip Karstedt, President and Media & Creative Director of Credit Union Story. Karstedt will present Geofencing, Digital Display, Online Video/Radio, and Paid Search Advertising Strategies. Attendees will learn how to make better use of some of the best digital advertising platforms available and use their allocated digital media funds to yield better results. Karstedt will also present Digital Storytelling for Credit Unions in Advertising, in Social Media, and in the Press. He will talk about how to gain attention, connect with people, inspire people, and help them remember your brand and your message. Karstedt began his career as copywriter and then creative director at Woodward Communications in Appleton, WI. He has been a professional voice actor for over 20 years —working on local, regional, and national brands including Kellogg’s, Disney, McDonald’s, Gatorade, SC Johnson, General Motors, A&W, Sears, Consumer Reports, Kraft, Citgo, Molson, and several credit unions.
- Becky Summers, Strategic Advisor at Raddon, A Fiserv Company. Summers will present Using Data to Predict Your Members’ Needs. She will talk about how marketers armed with deep data allows for deeper market intelligence providing value for organizations. Attendees will learn how to interpret and understand data in a way that allows them to market to the right person at the right time with the right message. Summers joined Raddon in 2017 with a background deep in financial services leadership. During her nearly 20-year career with Teachers Credit Union in Indiana, Summers held a succession of roles from the management of service center operations through Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Matt Davis, Founder of gameFI. Davis will present The Gamification of Financial Services Marketing. He will talk about how marketers are finding their messages obscured, ignored, and dismissed while Candy Crush, Fortnite, and Angry Birds are creating digital addictions by the millions. In this session, attendees will learn what makes games (digital and otherwise) fun, engaging, motivating, and addictive, and how credit unions can apply these principles to marketing efforts. Davis’s work has been featured in Fast Company, Bloomberg Businessweek, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, Bankrate.com, TheStreet.com, and other national and international media. He was recognized as one of the Triad Business Journal’s 40 Business Leaders Under 40 (North Carolina), a member of the Filene Research Institute’s 30 Under 30 group, Credit Union Magazine’s “Credit Union Rock Stars,” and the Credit Union Times’ Trailblazers 40 Below.
- Ryan McMillan, Director of Technology Solutions at Emergifi. McMillan will present Tool Time. He will talk about the marketing toolset that Corporate Central and its family of CUSOs are using each day to expand social reach, help staff become more productive, and ultimately increase membership and sales. McMillan is a seasoned technology industry leader with deep technical knowledge of designing, managing, and maintaining complex IT infrastructures including cloud-based servers and applications. He leverages previous experience as a Network Administrator, an Associate Network Engineer, a Network Engineer, and a Manager of Information Technology in multiple industries —including academia, healthcare, and SMB — to drive positive outcomes while lowering costs and increasing consumer defined success.
The panel discussion on Wednesday evening will be facilitated by Kip Karstedt. The panelists include Paul Kurth, Digital Branch Manager at Connexus Credit Union; Robin Marohn, VP Marketing & Business Development at Heartland Credit Union; and Sonny Schaar, Marketing Manager at Premier Financial Credit Union.
The 2019 Digital Marketing Forum website provides details on the schedule, educational lineup, location, scholarships, overnight accommodations, and how to register.
Dr. Liz Gross, Founder & CEO of Campus Sonar, is one of several speakers headlining the 2019 Digital Marketing Forum, November 7, 2019.
About Corporate Central Credit Union
Corporate Central Credit Union is a federally insured financial cooperative built on the values of commitment to service, fiscal responsibility, and respect for the individual. We cultivate a culture of respect, ethics, teamwork, and innovation. We are "Helping Members to be Wildly Successful" by delivering industry knowledge and expertise to help credit unions achieve their strategic objectives and compete in today’s evolving financial services industry. We are motivated to passionately serve our members and strive to learn, create, and innovate daily. Please visit corpcu.com to learn more, and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.