Credit union specialist Tim Harrington to Keynote NAFCU’s 2014 Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee conference in Hawaii
WASHINGTON, DC (January 6, 2014) — Credit union expert Tim Harrington will keynote the National Association of Federal Credit Unions’ (NAFCU) 2014 Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference, which will help attendees build the skills and knowledge they need to strengthen their credit unions’ bottom lines. The conference will be held May 14-16 at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Maui, Hawaii.
To save an additional $100 off the early-bird price, association members and nonmembers can register now through Jan. 10 using the code HOLIDAY, for total savings of $200. The deadline for early registration savings is March 14.
“Tim Harrington is a dynamic speaker whose knowledge and expertise in this industry will help attendees lead their credit unions to new heights,” said Dan Berger, NAFCU’s president and CEO. “With the continuing challenges facing credit unions, it is imperative that board and supervisory committee members have the specific competencies this conference offers so they can help ensure their institutions’ safe, sound operation and competitive standing in the consumer financial services market.”
Harrington will focus his presentation on the successful leadership traits that Jimmy Stewart, beloved actor and Academy Award winner, exhibited in combat during World War II. Harrington has provided consulting and training for numerous credit unions, volunteers and staff members. He was also the chairman of the board of a $150 million credit union in Tucson, Ariz., and an associate partner with the nation’s third-largest auditor of credit unions.
Attendees will also hear from other leading industry speakers, among them:
- Filene Research Institute Research Director Ben Rogers;
- Burns-Fazzi, Brock principal Tom Telford;
- NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger; and
- NAFCU Executive Vice President and COO Anthony Demangone.
Additional conference highlights include:
- an in-depth look at how Washington affects the credit union industry;
- priceless connections with credit union board directors and supervisory committee members;
- NAFCU training certificates in financial literacy, supervisory committee know-how and the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); and
- spouse/guest tour options, which will involve two days of excursions and private dining experiences.
Visit www.nafcu.org/board to learn more about the conference and register.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.