CUANY board officers, directors elected
(June 23, 2014) — The election results for the Credit Union Association of New York’s board of directors were announced on June 22 during the Association’s Annual Meeting. Four board seats were contested and voted on during this year’s statewide election, and each director will serve a three-year term.
Randy Martin, CEO of Dannemora FCU, was newly elected to the Association’s board in the asset category of more than $100 million. The following directors were re-elected:
· Barbara Dillon, CEO of SUNY Geneseo FCU (in the asset category of up to $25 million);
· Marie Betti, CEO/Treasurer of Western New York FCU (in the asset category of $25 million to $100 million); and
· Louis Jimenez, CEO/Treasurer of Montauk CU (in the asset category of more than $100 million).
The board also elected the following officers:
· Laurie Baker, board chair, SVP/COO of The Summit FCU;
· Mark Pfisterer, board vice chair, president/CEO of AmeriCU Credit Union
· Marie Betti, board treasurer, CEO/Treasurer of Western New York FCU; and
· Ann Hynes, board secretary, president/CEO of St. Pius X FCU.
Rounding out the 11-member board are: John C. Gibardi, Entertainment Industries FCU; Michael Tobler, Albany Firemen’s FCU; Alfred Frosolone, Niagara’s Choice FCU; and Robyn Young, Great Erie FCU.
The Credit Union Association of New York has served as the trade association for the state’s credit unions for 96 years. New York credit unions have assets of more than $65 billion and serve 4.9 million members. To learn more about CUANY, visit www.cuany.org. To find a credit union or learn more about the credit union movement, visit www.asmarterchoice.org.