Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Orlando Area Chapter installs new Board of Directors, featuring professionals across Central Florida
ORLANDO, FLA (August 24, 2022) — The Orlando Area Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) installed a new board of directors on Tuesday. The following individuals will hold office for a term of one year, beginning September 1, 2022:
- President – José Luis Dieppa, external communications manager, AdventHealth
- President-Elect – Valerie Moses, MBA, senior relationship manager, Addition Financial
- Immediate Past President – Ali Beemer, APR, communications manager, Darden Restaurants
- Secretary – Paula Machado, public relations manager, Disney Cruise Line
- Treasurer – Sarah Kelliher, communications strategist, Curley & Pynn
- VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Mandy Kimmer, APR, CPRC, public information officer, Orange County Government
- VP of Programming – Sarah Nemes, director of public affairs, Embrace Families
- VP of Communications – Leilani Vaiaoga, communication coordinator, MetroPlan Orlando
- VP of Communications – Mark Richardson, public relations and communications manager, Seminole State College of Florida
- VP of Image Awards – Julia Amorim, public relations and branding consultant
- VP of Awards and Recognition – Cynthia Velasco, marketing manager, McGraw Hill
- VP of Credentialing – Melissa Zayas Moreno, APR, communications and public affairs manager, City of Kissimmee
- VP of Student Outreach – Jennifer Vasbinder, public relations coordinator, Universal Orlando Resort
The FPRA Orlando Area Chapter hosts monthly programs including panel discussions, speaking engagements, roundtables, networking events and professional development opportunities with experts and leaders from the Public Relations, Communications and Marketing industries.
“FPRA Orlando strives to help our members become successful by providing unparalleled professional development opportunities,” said José Luis Dieppa, incoming president of FPRA Orlando Area Chapter. “With representatives from a variety of industries throughout Central Florida, the new board provides unique perspectives and will help us strengthen our resources for our members and have a positive impact in our region.”
In addition to the board installation, the chapter presented two awards that recognized the dedication and commitment of FPRA Orlando Area Chapter members to the local group. The Dr. Bob Davis “Unsung Hero” Award was presented to Christine Dellert Mullon and the Member of the Year Award was presented to Sarah Kelliher.
In September, FPRA Orlando will host a professional development program set for Thursday, September 29, at 7:45 a.m. at the Orlando Economic Partnership in Orlando.
About The Florida Public Relations Association
The Florida Public Relations Association is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. The organization’s 16 professional and 14 student chapters provide professional development, networking and recognition opportunities for over 1,200 members across the state. FPRA is the nation’s oldest public relations organization, established by Lt. Col. John Dillin, APR, CPRC in 1938. For more information, visit www.fpraorlando.org.