Former U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and Astronaut Mark Kelly to speak at Fiserv Conference
– Fiserv Forum, which also features Dr. Ben S. Bernanke, to be held Sept. 8-11, 2014 in Orlando, Florida
– Largest annual technology event for credit unions includes dozens of educational and strategy sessions
– Client registration available now at http://forum.fiserv.com/fall
BROOKFIELD, WI (July 14, 2014) — Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV), a leading global provider of financial services technology solutions, announced today that former U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, retired Navy combat veteran and NASA astronaut Mark Kelly, will join the impressive lineup of speakers at Fiserv Forum, its fall conference for credit union clients. The event will be held Sept. 8-11, 2014 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, and will feature former chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Dr. Ben S. Bernanke, as the keynote speaker.
“Each year, Fiserv Forum provides our clients with just the right blend of product updates, industry insights and the unique experiences of truly inspirational speakers,” said Mark Sievewright, president, Credit Union Solutions, Fiserv. “We look forward to Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly delivering compelling insights on courage, strength, leadership and resilience that we feel certain will resonate with our clients long after the conference is over.”
On January 8, 2011, a gunman opened fire at an event in Tucson, Arizona, where Rep. Giffords was meeting with constituents, killing six people and injuring 13 others, including Giffords, who sustained a gunshot wound to the head. Rep. Giffords survived the attack and resigned her Congressional seat in January 2012 to focus on her continued recovery.
Captain Mark Kelly is a retired U.S. Navy Captain, experienced Naval aviator and NASA astronaut. As an airman, he earned the Legion of Merit, two Defense Superior Service Medals and two Distinguished Flying Crosses. As an astronaut, Captain Kelly commanded Space Shuttle Discovery as well as Space Shuttle Endeavour, including its final flight in May 2011. He has visited the International Space Station on four different occasions.
Forum features dozens of educational and strategy sessions, covering the areas impacting financial services and their implications for the future. Based on proprietary Fiserv research, conference content was carefully crafted to deliver actionable insights that credit union leaders can use to improve the growth, efficiency and profitability of their institutions. During the conference, attendees will explore sessions from four tracks:
– Digital Channels – Explore the latest innovations and strategies to maximize service and deliver a seamless digital experience.
– Member Focus – Retain current members, attract target segments and create strategies that will drive trust and loyalty now and in the future.
– Payments – Tap into the latest payments trends, and deliver a payments experience that fosters deeply-engaged relationships with credit union members.
– Financial and Operational Performance – Manage risk and compliance, optimize efficiency and drive growth and performance.
– Fiserv, Inc. – http://www.fiserv.com
– Twitter – @Fiserv
– Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/fiserv
This year, Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) celebrates 30 years of leadership in financial services technology. As one of FORTUNE(R) magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies, Fiserv is helping clients worldwide achieve best-in-class results by driving innovation in payments, processing services, risk and compliance, customer and channel management, and business insights and optimization. For more information, visit www.fiserv.com.