Genisys Credit Union giving away $500 during National Credit Union Youth Month
AUBURN HILLS, MI (April 12, 2023) — April is National Credit Union Youth Month and National Financial Literacy Month in an effort to raise public awareness on the importance of financial wellness specifically to those 18 and younger. Genisys Credit Union is encouraging their youngest members to share, spend, and save wisely through various programming efforts this April.
“Our month-long campaign is meant to make the credit union a fun, approachable place for kids while providing them with the foundational knowledge of saving, earning, and spending,” said Jackie Buchanan, President & CEO of Genisys Credit Union.
During the month of April, the credit union has multiple campaigns for those 18 and under:
- Win $500 one of two ways:
- Open up or make a deposit to a Genisys High-Yield Youth Savings Account with $10 or more to be entered to win. This account earns a 5.12% annual percentage yield (APY) and is eligible to those ages 0-18
- Open a Genius High Yield Checking Account; this account earns a 5.25% APY and is eligible to those ages 12-18
- To learn more, visit: genisyscu.org/youthclubs; promotion runs until April 30, 2023 with two winners being randomly selected the week of May 2, 2023
- Financial Reality Fairs are being presented at area high schools to teach students real life budgeting skills through a hands-on, interactive simulation
- Financial literacy storytimes are being held at participating libraries featuring this years book, Owl & Otter and the Big Yard Sale by Andrea Mills provided by the Michigan Credit Union League; visit genisyscu.org/about-/community-involvement for a schedule of storytimes
About Genisys Credit Union
Genisys Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution that has been committed to helping its members financially since 1936. Based out of Auburn Hills, MI, the credit union is the fourth largest in Michigan with over 255,000 members and 32 branch locations. With a highly competitive suite of products such as High Yield Genius Checking and Youth Savings Account as well as loans for small to mid-sized businesses, Genisys specializes in providing consumer and business financial solutions through its branches, a multi-channel contact center, and a variety of mobile and online banking services. Genisys has consistently received the highest 5-star Bauer Financial Rating for safety and soundness along with receiving recognition from S&P Global Market Intelligence as a nationwide Top 10 Performing Credit Union. They are also proud to be committed to their communities by annually volunteering over 4,400 hours and partnering on over 1,000 community events. Connect with Genisys on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok by following @genisyscu. For more information visit www.genisyscu.org